• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Potential left back if Robbo goes... but he's off to Accy!!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just seen on sky sports website that Alan Rogers is set to make a loan move to Accy Stanley! He would be an ideal replacement for Robbo should he leave, although not had a lot of football in recent times, but it might be too late to get him... :roll: He was excellent first time round...

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think hes lost it now. Brilliant when he played for us ut the times have changed.

Player
Morrisey
would any one on here put their trust in Tremaco to fill Robberts boots? IMHO he is a good player for his age but is not worthy to wear the same shirt as Roberts yet. I dont know anything about Rogers!

Enlighten me please!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Tremarco has done exactly what an understudy should do. He's modelled himself on Robbo both his play and his attitude, and received mentoring from him. To my mind there's no better person to learn how to be a good, consistent left back from than Gareth Roberts, and it would seem that has been quite successful.

Also, he's had spells at centre back for the reserves, crucial thing to do to round off your game is to play matches in the positions around your own, so you understand the play and what's expected of you better. And of course he's also played at left midfield/wingback for the first team as well. I think Carl's a great prospect and should the worst happen and Gareth move on at the end of the season, then yes I think he would be able to make the step up at that time.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I really rate Carl, and would have no issues if he played on a regular basis. He's ready, believe me!

Player
Morrisey
Don't get me wrong, Carl is an excellent prospect and at just 19 (I think) he is well worth holding on to! maybe a future Ryan Tatlor who knows, but the point I was trying to make was that he is not ready yet to play for us regularly!! just my opinion!!

I think that your point about Carl being Robbo's understudy nbdh was spot on! he couldn't have had a better person to learn from and to be honest you have seen him more regularly than i have so probs know if he is good enough!

Not quite yet though for me!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah i think Carl would be ok... he'd do a job.

i would go for matt lockwood from leyton orient personally.we would probably get him for £25,000.but i suppose that's straight out the question has little has never spent a penny on a player(alway's free or on loan :evil: )other possible candidates could include craig armstrong(sheff utd)or a youngster from a prem or championship team!i personally would'nt have rogers back. he would'nt improve us!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
i personally would'nt have rogers back. he would'nt improve us!
You're kidding right, I'd LOVE to have Alan back at left back instead of Goodison. In fact I'd love it if my gran was picked to play left back instead of Goodison. He IS NOT a left back. Thank the Lord that he's not available at the moment, although knowing Brian he'll probably pick him anyway then admit two weeks later that he was struggling a bit but that he didn't want to play the best left back outside the premiership there or one of our most promising youngsters there, because after all it's not the right time of the season, the wind wasn't blowing just so, and his wife didn't see it in the tea leaves.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I would like to see Matt Lockwood come in ive heared that a few Championship clubs have been looking at him so if we getan early bid in for him I feel we might have a good chance of getting him

B

Banana Army

OK heres a bit of news. Alan Rogers is off on trial with view to a laon move. Bad news eh?

Nope cos he's off to Hull. So that ends the interest in Roberts from them. Woop. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I dont Alan Rodgers but I would love to see Carl Tremaco given a chance or get in Matt Lockwood in from Orient

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Alan Rogers was one of the best defenders we ever had, but i'm not sure i'd want him back. Read too many stories about him getting into trouble while bevvied.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
According to Sky Sports he has already signed til the end of the season with Hull... so either Hull have been impressed straight away and taken him on or Sky have got it wrong. Don't bet on Robbo staying just yet... another club may come in yet, they still have 10 days.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
In the games I've seen Carl Tremarco play, he's never done badly. He hasn't got Gareth's experience yet, but would make an able replacement if he goes.

C

ChiefRich

Carl Tremarco seems to have been good when I have seen him. He has had a couple of Man of the Match performances on those rare occasions. I remember one against Port Vale last season towards the end of the season when he was terrific; very confident in the tackle and positioning was good for a youngster too.

Nothing like matches to polish the edges of a diamond young player! But if choice between Roberts and Tremarco, would have to be sorry for Carl!