• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pools 0 Rovers 2

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great result and a really good performance judging by the commentary. I think we basically battered them, particularly in the second half, and should really have had more goals.

This win gives me real confidence that Rovers can last the distance this season, and will hopefully silence some of the doubters.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Very pleased with result. Sounds like we dug in and persevered to get the all important goal. 3 points was vital for confidence. Nice for Cole to get his first league goal as well. Onwards and lets beat Oldham on Saturday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A good win and very good to keep a clean sheet pity that bell-baggie injured and robbo banned for saturday but onwards and upwards, pleased that cole got his first league goal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic. Real crucial win to get the momentum going. No coincidence that were back on the winning trail with Robbo back in the side.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Very pleased. Very relieved. You can tell how vital this result is by comparing the effect a defeat (or even a draw) would have had on league position and morale. It was a match promotion contenders should win - and we did. We are back on track.

Player
Manager
John King
If we do lose Cassidy in January, I wonder if we could actually have a ready made replacement in Cole Stockton ? He leads the line just as well as Jake and from his few appearances also seems a very good finisher. A good foil for Akpro when he returns ?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I thought his name was carlton stockton ..anyway

I think he,s every bit as good at leading the line ....,thats not cassidy,strenth imo

Player
Manager
John King
I thought his name was carlton stockton ..anyway

I think he every bit as good at leading the line as youy put it,thats not cassidy,strenth imo

But it's still Cassidy's responsibility, as Akpro / Jervis are always looking to run in behind the opposition centre backs.

The real point I was making was that Cole's strike rate has been impressive; two goals from very few appearances, plus a couple in pre-season. His game is similar to Jake's in that he is strong and has physical presence and could complement Akpro's pace and movement.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really hope your right RLC as losing Cassidy in January will be a huge blow.