• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

PNE v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Back in January after the Brentford victory I fantasised that this game would be an automatic promotion clincher, played in front a massive Rovers support. Sadly it has not turned out that way and it will be interesting to see just how many Rovers fans bother to travel to Deepdale.

I think the players owe us a performance and a win, and as a result I would not make wholesale changes for this game. I would start with Cole up front in place of Sidibe, but I think this match comes a bit too early for Kirby. Preston are in excellent form under Grayson, keeping a number of clean sheets recently and Rovers will certainly have to show more invention than in the previous four games if they are to get anything.

Listening to Ronnie's interview today, I am inclined to agree with him that the home games immediately following the Brentford win, where we were reduced to ten men, were the turning point of the season in terns of morale: six points lost against poor opposition, a massive blow to confidence just when we seemed to have real momentum, and the disruption of losing two of our best players for six games (Akpro's form never recovered).

DIW

Player
Goodison
Right now I am past giving a **** about the Preston game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Right now I am past giving a **** about the Preston game.

A lot of people are feeling the same way. Lost interest completely in the last two games.

Would be nice for them to put on a show, but where are the goals going to come from?

Sent using Tapatalk

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
no spark no creativity no goals 2 0 to them

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is still a significant game, as a finishing position of 7th rather than 12th will make it easier to attract players in the summer.

We also don't want to end the season with six defeats: I would like us to be in a position to deny Bournemouth promotion next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.