• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Players to look at?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Hopefully. So what do we need now, a keeper, a left back, a couple of strikers?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Well we play quite a narrow 4-3-3 so I can't see us really signing an out and out winger. They're hard to come by too.

We have 3 center halfs so meh not sure. Probs get someone in on loan if need be.

Player
Goodison
We may have 3 centre backs but one may be playing midfield Taylor, and the other i'm not convinced by (Broomes). We could do with a winger to play in the front 3 if were going to persist with the tedious system.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
We may have 3 centre backs but one may be playing midfield Taylor, and the other i'm not convinced by (Broomes). We could do with a winger to play in the front 3 if were going to persist with the tedious system.

Is no one else concerned that Goodison is nearly 100 years old?!

He might be still one of our better players - but he was showing times of age catching up with him last season and sooner or later his body is going to give up on him. I think we need at least one more centre half.

Player
Goodison
He did win player of the season and played the most games last season though. Don't forget he speant most of last season with a bit of bone floating round his foot as well. We do need an extra centre back, perhaps to provide pace for Goodison or back up to a Goodison/Taylor partnership. You can't play a season with 3 centre backs, once one gets injured or suspended you're toast!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is no one else concerned that Goodison is nearly 100 years old?!
Not too concerned. He came good again after dumb and dumber left and he can handle the pace and physical game in league one. He might go on longer than that tennis match today!