• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Players that need replacing or getting rid of

Player
Goodison
Next season we need to get rid of a few players and sign a few players with quality and allow some of the young players such as Curran and Jones a chance.

The following players should leave in the summer

Mullin - hasn't played well since before christmas and he restricts Mclarens play. Doesn't look interested and his legs have gone. Mclaren and harrison would be a better combination as harrison would allow mclaren to go forward.

Ellison: Looked like a good signing at first, but hasnt produced much and only had a few good performances and even they werent that good. I would like to see his assist record becasue he can't have got many.

Davies: Lots of running but cant shoot, cant tackle, cant pass, cant cross and has a temperment problem. He also never looks up when ge gets the ball, he just runs in straight lines until he gets tackled or runs out of pitch. He hasnt shown much progress since this time last season, so he either needs to leave or be put out on loan somewhere to make him get his act together.

Ward: Despite his wonder goal and good saves, hes been to dodgy and flaps at everything, he seems to not know the names of his defenders! He needs to leave or be demoted to number 2 or 3 (Behind Achterberg).

I would also keep Stockdale, but we need to sign a proper right back as all he is, is hoof, hoof ,hoof and then gets a nose bleed when he goes over the half way line.

Next season Tremarco should be at left back instead of Sherrif as hes a better left back and gets stuck in and will overlap and he deserves a chance. Jones and shuker could rotate between left and right wings next season unless we sign a left winger.

In the summer we need a right back, left winger, goalkeeper, creative central midfielder (Young not an old one as he can succed Mclaren), and a striker, possibly 2 if Greenacre leaves. Mcready's contract should be extended as he as shown himself to be a solid defender and Thompson should be signed as he will be a free agent in the summer.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Your plans sound good - tenner says it won't happen. Reason : money. Or lack of it more importantly. No cup run, no play offs, poor gates. But we must get rid of the dead wood and get some younger players in imo. Experience has its advantages but as we saw on Monday- you can't beat the youth and enthusiasm it brings, with pace (so important in the modern game) and a real desire to play. We need to uncover more Currans!

Player
Morrisey
Jennings is that young Central Midfielder that we need. Him and Mclearen in the middle would be ace. We definately need one or even two keepers. A striker who is like Daggers would be good. I am more than happy with Stockdale. I think he has been good.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
You reckon? Jenno has never impressed me too much to be honest. You seen him at Hereford, SWA? How's he doing?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I've always thought Jennings is ok to be honest just think he nevers gets a decent spell in the team. I think next season we need 2 new keepers, John Thompson, Central Midfielder or 2 and a left winger to provide proper competition for Ellison. Let Ward, Achto, Macca go and try and shift Harrison and maybe Mullin.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Why pick on Achto?

I agree mostly with Joe, but why let Achto go? He's been our most loyal player for nearly ten years but desperately unlucky with injuries in the last two. When Gavin Ward got the number one shirt without any competition, he had every right to moan, but he didn't and he can always be seen working with Ward before a match to warm him up. If only the rest of them were as dedicated and professional.

Player
Morrisey
Yeah I have seen him a couple of times mate but he has been injured for a bit. Excluding his first game for Hereford he was immense and they were beating top teams and right up their in the fight for the playoffs and now, since he has been injured the have fallen about eight places. His passing and his tackling were the best parts of his game. Looked like he had been learning off McAteer. His best premmise was bringing other players into the game and allowing his partner in the middle to bomb on forward. All you could here in the stands at Hereford was people saying how he is amazing and how they wanted him signed. I appreciate that he is playing at a lower level but He looked more than a cut above everyone else he was playing with. When HUFC played Notts County I would say that his performance was the best performance I have seen from a Tranmere player all season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The problem is we have to do what is best for the club... now I imagine Achto is on a decent wage and if we give him another year contract and he spends the majority of it injured again then its money we could have spent on another player down the drain. Personally I think Achto is a top bloke but we can't just hope he'll be fit.

Player
Morrisey
Just to let you know. Jennings has just returned from injury back into the Hereford side and they have won for the first time in a long time. Their barran period coincided with Jennings' injury which suggests that he is a bvital member of the team and is their catalyst in midfield. They won 3-0.