• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Player Of The Season

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I notice the bulletin up on the official site for voting for player of the season. What does everyone think.

I would have to say based on comparison to previous seasons Ian Goodison would get my vote. He's played a blinder this season and has been a pretty good influence. And considering the pain Ronnie reckons he's played through recently I'd say he deserves it.

Also think John Mullin has been very solid in his role, and of course Greenacre & Shuker deserve a mention.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Shukes would get the nomination for most frustrating player I think. The lad is a talent but doesn't show it often enough and consistently enough for me, but is a cracking little player on his day.

Player of the season for me is Greenacre. Works his socks off week after week and is always a threat in front of goal.

Young player - Steve Davies.

Goal of the season - Has to be Wardy doesn't it?!!! Just for comedy value:lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

Player: McLaren
Young Player: None
Goal: McLaren vs. Bristol City (13/1/07)

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
player of the year has to be goodison. hes been immense this season. davies seems to be the only player who would qualify being awarded the young player of the season, dont think any of the others have played enough games. agree with scoops regarding goal of the season and how many times have you seen gerrard or lampard score from that distance eh.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Hope we are wrong!

At the moment, I have to agree with Goodison/Davies/Ward. Not a lot of competition. But let's hope some new heroes emerge before the end of the season. And is it too much to hope that the goal of the season is the winner in the League One Play-Off Final?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would agree with Scoops about Greenacre. Goodison for me went off the boil after the extended contract was signed.

Young players haven't had much of a look in this year, which is a minus for the manager imo.

Didn't see the Ward goal, but none of those I have seen linger in the memory as special, so can see what it's so popular.

Player
Morrisey
Greenacre/Davies/Shuker's 2nd against Yeovil away.

Ward's goal deserves nothing except a custard pie in the face of the ref for awarding it to him.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm sure their keeper got a finger to it so that would be why it was allowed. I'd go Goodison for player, Davies for young player and McLaren vs Bristol City for goal of the season.

Player
Morrisey
Yes but as it was an indirect FK the keeper brought the ball into play so therefore scored the goal. It should either have been an own goal or not. depending on whether the keeper touched it. that is what it says in the rules.

Player
Liam Palmer
Player of the Season? John Thompson. Just look at our record when he has been in and out the side.

Any clues as to if or when he might be back?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes sorry it should have been an own goal... was just assuming you only meant it should have been disallowed but yes it should have been given as an own goal.

jim

Mullin/Goodison - tough call.

Would it be right to start a worst player of the year thread? :lol:

Player
Morrisey
Two weeks according to RM. If we replicate the record for ther rest of the season with him and go up then he would be in there. Does any one every think where we would be if we kept him for the whople season?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Player of the Season: Chris Greenacre (only player that cares in my opinion)
Young Player of the Season: Craig Curran (for his contribution in the reserve team)
Goal of the Season: Probably agree with McLaren's away at Bristol City or Taylor's away at Chesterfield.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
For player of the season I'd have a tough choice between Goodison and Greenacre.

Player
Goodison
Player of the season has to be Goodison, hes been a rock at the back has made a massive improvement on the last few seasons.

Young player has to be Curran hes scored lots of goals for the reserves and then scored for the first team with his first touch! Davies shouldn't get it beacause he's looked clueless and Zola hasn't played enough unfortunately.

Goal of the season has to be Wards goal - how many times will you see a Tranmere goalkeeper do that again?