• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

play offs

Player
aldo
who do we want to meet if i had a chose it would be exeter as they are in poor form if we get through i want the fkn veggies and i want to batter them . crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr had a crap day rant over

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It is almost certain to be Forest Green in the semi's

• Sad
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, at least we know we are in the playoffs which is a major achievement this season. Let us hope we do not get FGR in the playoffs as they are the current form side with 4 wins on the bounce.

There are actually a whole host of teams who will be fighting for that last place-off place. Exeter currently own it on 66 pts, but you've got Colchester, Carlisle, Stevenage and Newport all on 64 pts.

Last two games for the top seven.

Exeter
Oldham (h) (12)
Forest Green (a) (5)

Tranmere
Bury (h) (2)
Crawley (a) (19)

Forest Green
Crewe (a) (13)
Exeter (h) (7)

MK Dons
Colchester (a) (8)
Mansfield (h) (3)

Mansfield
Stevenage (h) (10)
MK Dons (a) (4)

Bury
Tranmere (a) (6)
Port Vale (h) (20)

Lincoln
Newport (a) (11)
Colchester (h) (8)

Regarding our last game of the season, I would be surprised if Crawley were not safe by the time we play them such is the form of the teams below them.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, Crawley are already safe. Unless we’re still in with a chance of automatic promotion by that game, may rest a few. Suppose it’s down to whether Micky thinks there’s an advantage in playing our home leg second, if we’re in contention for 4/5th place.

If Oldham win all of their remaining 3 games they make the play-offs.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would not be concerned if we play FGR in the play offs. Not much between the sides and we have to beat them some time.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Well, at least we know we are in the playoffs which is a major achievement this season. Let us hope we do not get FGR in the playoffs as they are the current form side with 4 wins on the bounce.

There are actually a whole host of teams who will be fighting for that last place-off place. Exeter currently own it on 66 pts, but you've got Colchester, Carlisle, Stevenage and Newport all on 64 pts.

Last two games for the top seven.

Exeter
Oldham (h) (12)
Forest Green (a) (5)

Tranmere
Bury (h) (2)
Crawley (a) (19)

Forest Green
Crewe (a) (13)
Exeter (h) (7)

MK Dons
Colchester (a) (8)
Mansfield (h) (3)

Mansfield
Stevenage (h) (10)
MK Dons (a) (4)

Bury
Tranmere (a) (6)
Port Vale (h) (20)

Lincoln
Newport (a) (11)
Colchester (h) (8)

Regarding our last game of the season, I would be surprised if Crawley were not safe by the time we play them such is the form of the teams below them.
Do we not need another point to guarantee playoffs since both Exeter and Newport could move ahead of us?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have a good record against all the teams in the top ten except Bury, FGR and Mansfield. With a full squad I would fancy us against anyone. Even with half the best team missing we still foiled the champions. We should not be fearing anyone and there is every indication that Micky and his squad are up for anything. Personally I'd love to see us play FGR at Wembley. Wouldn't we all be up for that?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
We have a good record against all the teams in the top ten except Bury, FGR and Mansfield. With a full squad I would fancy us against anyone. Even with half the best team missing we still foiled the champions. We should not be fearing anyone and there is every indication that Micky and his squad are up for anything. Personally I'd love to see us play FGR at Wembley. Wouldn't we all be up for that?
Personally, I'd rather play FGR over a 2 legged semi than at Wembley. Another final against them would be too much like deja vu. Apart from that it'd be a far better occasion playing a team with enough supporters to create an atmosphere.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Do we not need another point to guarantee playoffs since both Exeter and Newport could move ahead of us?
Yes, got my calculations a bit wrong there o_O