• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Play-off Final v Boreham Wood

Player
aldo
have to give mm huge credit . when you see his celebration after the final whistle . i dont think ive ever seen mellon run so fast love it . and what was maccs beef with garrard , who gives a shit we are up xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
No idea about Macca but he made up with their manager before he left the pitch.
I've also heard that Jacko was sent to the stand at half time?
It's not often the bookies get things very wrong and Ladbrokes are generally used as the yardstick for realistic odds.
We're 10/1 to finish as champs and as little as 5/3 to be promoted next season.
What I find remarkable is that the odds for us being in Championship by 2022/23 are a skinny 5/1!
Any takers?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
That makes me feel like a real pessimist, CK! I guess I've gotten so used to expecting the worst over the last 5 years, that it's hard to switch mindset.
Having said that, those odds do look ludicrous!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah fair play to their manager who after Macca had grabbed him by the shirt at full time, later on shook hands before Big Steve went down the tunnel.

Jacko was sent off at half time for foul language when he complained about the ridiculous amount of injury time in the first half.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Here we are, one week on.
Own up.......who has spent the last week downloading and watching every bit of footage of the game, fans, pre-match, post match etc available?
I'll put my hand up first!
Wife thinks I'm going to get bored of it fairly soon.
Unlucky!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, yes think I OD on it to be honest. The one thing I didn’t listen to was the podcast which was over 3 hours long.

Player
aldo
must have seen it 50 times just hope the club can do a dvd . to buy will get it . will get a mug as well

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Here we are, one week on.
Own up.......who has spent the last week downloading and watching every bit of footage of the game, fans, pre-match, post match etc available?
I'll put my hand up first!
Wife thinks I'm going to get bored of it fairly soon.
Unlucky!
Ha,ha. I'm doing it right now - and will keep doing it until I believe it actually happened. ;)

Player
aldo
me not woken up yet still dreaming of that mellon bloke running arms open as fast as he can . not even as a player did he do that . class

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Want this thread to run and run...:p
Still got National League Paper website bookmarked and get "alerts" from Google.
Can't bring myself to delete as it reminds me that 12th May really happened, and think to myself TFFT - it really happened!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Coventry going up to League One then. A pity, as I fancied a trip to the Ricoh. Exeter is not quite so appealing.

Last edited:

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Fair do's to the Sky Blues though.
Like us, they've had hard times and fallen as low as they thought possible.
A few months back there was potentially a three division gap between us and Shrews.
Always look out for them because they are a decent, well run club and the connections between us over the years are many.
Their season has been the opposite of ours - winning everything for months but falling away at the business end.
Five Wembley visits and no wins - got to feel for them.
They were made up they took 12k down there. Another reason it wouldn't have been right to be three divisions apart!

Player
aldo
yep saw a little of it at work it was so hot there . so glad it was cool when we went there . could of been different if it was 30 derges like today

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Coventry going up to League One then. A pity, as I fancied a trip to the Ricoh. Exeter is not quite so appealing.

As a Coventry resident I'm a bit gutted I won't get a 'home' game next season. I'm made up for their fans and the whole city though, they've arguably had a worse time than us over the last few years but on the field at least they seem to be on the up. Also, one less decent team for us to play next season.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
:)
And again.
If it was old VHS cassette it would be worn out now!
Still blowing the ball in from Nors header!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Watched again tonight, still well up at the end.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's easy to understate the significance of this match. There have been a few legendary games in the last 30 years or so - Leyland DAF final, St Yates's Day, Southampton 4-3 But exciting though they were, they had only a short-term effect on the club. This was the most crucial since Exeter in 1987. So much rested on it and failure could have ultimately threatened the future existence of Tranmere Rovers Thankfully, the club has now turned the corner and we can look forward to better times.