• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Pizza Cup Semi-final Oxford v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought Ray was the steadier of the central defensive pair last night, though wouldn't say no to Clarke starting. As KH said in the post-match interview, we've got plenty of league matches to think about now, starting with Oldham. A lot can happen in terms of form and fitness in the next month...
Indeed.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mcgeady should be playing at championship level comfortably he has a lot of ability, he is the creator in chief with Wyke the finisher.

Player
aldo
well my 6th sense is telling me they will both be sent off the game before we play them, ohhhhhh the Sunderland fans are saying we want revenge for the cheating in the FA cup back in the day and all that, would be amazing if we did win it but I am just happy we are there

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
well my 6th sense is telling me they will both be sent off the game before we play them, ohhhhhh the Sunderland fans are saying we want revenge for the cheating in the FA cup back in the day and all that, would be amazing if we did win it but I am just happy we are there
To be picky, bookings and sendings off are now kept separate within each competition, so I expect we’ll see both playing at Wembley unless injured. We will need someone on McGeady to stop him crossing the ball as we can be weak in the air in the box.

Player
Manager
John King
We are apparently trying to get the final date pushed back to the summer, although we have a limited chance of success.

Having suggested we delay the final previously, I now think we might be better off playing them in an empty stadium while we are in good form.

Player
aldo
ohhhhhhh i am going to have to get some flags and put em in my windows, ohhhhhh i am at work for a couple of days next week first time since 4th October so goddam looking forward to it just cleaning but who cares

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Having suggested we delay the final previously, I now think we might be better off playing them in an empty stadium while we are in good form.
I'd rather the experience as it's a great day going to Wembley with the SWA. Win or lose. Having said that, I probably wouldn't be as flippant with the result if there was more at stake but it's only the pizza cup.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'd rather the experience as it's a great day going to Wembley with the SWA. Win or lose. Having said that, I probably wouldn't be as flippant with the result if there was more at stake but it's only the pizza cup.
I probably agree with this. On balance I'd rather be there to see us lose than watch a victory on TV; a tough call though! It would certainly not be the case in a Play Off Final though.

Player
aldo
also, I tweeted palios right after the game on Tuesday about virtual tickets good to see they are going to do it and all proceeds going to charity, CLASS AMAZING when they come out lets buy sh&t loads

Player
Aldo
It would be great to be there to watch them in the final. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Leyland Daf Tranmere's only only English national trophy win. It would be a shame to miss being there for our second win. I They could play it a the City of Manchester Stadium if Wembley was booked up, it would packed and rocking. But Mark would have to convince the EFL ,Wembley, Sunderland and City , a big ask.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It sounds good that Mark is trying to get the game put back but it smacks to me of a hollow gesture

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The EFL put up a myriad of obstacles so there is little to no chance of this happening.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Leyland Daf Tranmere's only English national trophy win.
Yes and that was the predecessor of the Papa John's, so it would be our second win in what is otherwise known as the Football League Trophy. I don't count play-off wins, as they decide second, third or fourth place in the league. The only other English trophy we won was the Third Division North championship in 1937/38 (no, I don't remember that far back!). That's the only time we have finished top of any league since our election to the Football League in 1921. Wouldn't it be great if we could win our second FLT and our second championship in the same season?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It would be great to be there to watch them in the final. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Leyland Daf Tranmere's only only English national trophy win. It would be a shame to miss being there for our second win. I They could play it a the City of Manchester Stadium if Wembley was booked up, it would packed and rocking. But Mark would have to convince the EFL ,Wembley, Sunderland and City , a big ask.
Boris has announced crowds may be able to attend matches from mid-May. Delaying the final until then and/or moving it to Manchester should be possible if there is the will to make it happen.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think that would be possible, as Wembley is booked for the Euro preparations from May onwards.

Plus, the final could then fall in the middle of a play off campaign which would not be great.