• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Pizza Cup Semi-final Oxford v Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes I agree. You do wonder if Palios has said the same to the EFL but it’s probably too late to change anything now. They could easily let in say 5,000 fans from each team and sit them at a distance but I guess it’s all the entering and leaving the stadium that is the issue. Like u say RLC I’m sure they could find a weekend later towards the spring and summer
I think it’s the travel. I am shielding and have had my first jab but even if I could get tickets for March, I’d have to stay at home. However, August or September could have been superb for us all.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
From a financial point of view, the club will have received £200,000 so far in prize money with either another £50k or £100k to come depending on the result.

I'm not too sure if we get additional fees for being on tv last night & the final or if that's included in the fees we already get.

Player
ian goodison
not wanting to single anyone out but pleased to see George ray put some good displays in the games he has featured, good for keith to know he has choices to fall back on

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ray has played consistently well this season. I can only assume that his confidence was shot last season, and he was a bit out of his depth in League One without an experienced player like Clarke alongside him.

Player
aldo
yes it is great that Ray is getting game time and putting in some solid performances, also a little word for the in-form Messi of the Wirral with 4 goals in the last 6 games Woolery is on fire long may it continue in some of the best scoring form he has had, so again fair play to Hill for getting into his head and getting the best out of him

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just a little stat check for you all. When Rovers step out at Wembley, it will be our fourth game there in the last five seasons. Not counting England and Spurs (who used it as a temporary home), only three teams have played more times (Man City 10, Chelsea 9 and Arsenal 7). Man United could overtake us if they reach the FA Cup semi-final and Southampton will if they reach the final, but we'd still be in the top six. No wonder we call Wembley Prenton Park South!

Player
Manager
John King
Bolton leading in form Mansfield 3-2 having been two behind. Only six points behind us if they win.

If they make the play offs, I hope we are already up automatically.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Notlob win, not great but I thought Mansfield under Clough might make a late charge up the table, so slowing down their momentum won't hurt.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sunderland are in good form, especially Aidan McGeady and Charlie Wyke who have combined to score five goals in the last two games with McGeady's pinpoint crosses being headed in by Wyke. Keith will need a plan to stop that happening.

Player
Manager
John King

Sunderland are in good form, especially Aidan McGeady and Charlie Wyke who have combined to score five goals in the last two games with McGeady's pinpoint crosses being headed in by Wyke. Keith will need a plan to stop that happening.
I would be tempted to play the first choice back four including Clarke for that reason. I thought we looked a bit shaky at the back at times last night.

I think we could still afford to rotate a bit elsewhere.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would be tempted to play the first choice back four including Clarke for that reason. I thought we looked a bit shaky at the back at times last night.

I think we could still afford to rotate a bit elsewhere.
I thought Ray was the steadier of the central defensive pair last night, though wouldn't say no to Clarke starting. As KH said in the post-match interview, we've got plenty of league matches to think about now, starting with Oldham. A lot can happen in terms of form and fitness in the next month...