• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Pizza Cup Semi-final Oxford v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Vaughan on for Kirby. Assume Lewis will drop a bit deeper and hopefully Vaughan can hold the ball up. Nya was doing ok to be fair

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another let off after a mistake from manny sees Taylor hit the post

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! against the run of play, Rovers strike again. Another lovely strike from Morris.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An absolute corker from Morris with his weaker foot !!!! Pleased for him as he has played well tonight.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Still a long way to go. Oxford use their last throw of the dice with 2 more subs. Spearing and Feeney coming on

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Kahn off injured, hopefully not serious. All the big guns on for both sides now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well I hold my hand up as I never expected that against such an inform Oxford side. Brilliant effort from the team and management.

We rode our luck a bit with the penalty and them hitting the post but deserved it overall and I thought our name might be on the cup when they missed the penalty. Good subs from Keith too at the right time when we needed them. Lots of MOM choices from Woolery, Morris and Ray but OConnor for me edged it playing well in midfield first half and RB later in the game.

Just a shame we won’t be at Wembley but an amazing achievement. Need to take it on to Saturday now but it does give Keith a real headache as the recent squad players really impressed tonight.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have played three League One sides in cups this season and have beaten them all. We should still be up there but hopefully we’ll be there next season.

Player
aldo
oh wow what a superb team performance, easy as you like and we don,t do easy, fair play to Kieth Hill, or is it (curle) as said on talk sport, brilliant brilliant brilliant, hoe did we lose to Stevenage,that's why we love this game

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
2 cracking finishes, thankfully Taylor had an off night in front of goal but a fantastic result. Hopefully the injuries are not too bad but we now need to kick on in the league as well.