• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Pizza Cup Rovers v Oldham

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barring an absolute hammering, we're already through to the next round, so expect a number of changes, probably including the formation. Would expect to see game time for Murphy in goal, Maguire at the back, Merrie in midfield and Glatzel and Maynard up front. Assume O'Connor will be away on international duty and even if Hawkes over his injury wouldn't expect him to start, but weekend injuries permitting otherwise a full squad to pick from.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think we would need to lose by 3 goals and Salford to beat Leeds by 4 to be knocked out. Oldham probably need to beat us to qualify (although a penalty "win" would suffice if Salford/Leeds resulted the same), so they will have some incentive - apart from the £10k that goes to the winner of each match. If we win the match we will already have banked £50k - £20k participation fee plus 3 x £10k for wins.

Player
aldo
let us just go for the win its helps boost the lads,and its against a propper team and not kids plus we owe them 1 for the cup defeat

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Might go to this if the kids are annoying me. One of the few I'll have attended in this competition.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, I will go to this as it involves two proper teams. It will be interesting to see how Maynard gets on against senior opposition.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Likewise I’m tempted to go. Can you pay on the gate??

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Merrie suspended tonight as 2 bookings in competition

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ryan stratalus starts presumably right back

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Certainly an interesting line-up, no idea how things will pan out, suppose it depends on how strong a side Oldham put out.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Plreased to see Stratulis start. Supposed to have a lot of promise but I have never seen him play I don't think.
Good opportunity to see how Walker goes as well.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Strange game. Rovers have looked a bit disjointed up front and defensively suspect for both goals, though both finished clinically. Needed the Glatzel goal to put a dampener on Oldham who might even have fancied they could turn round the goal deficit.