• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Pirates v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McDonald gets one back. Come on rovers!!

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Come on lads! Confidence boost hopefully.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Morris unlucky there. Good save by keeper. better play from Rovers. Shame the resulting corner was kicked straight out!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well being positive we’re still in the game at 2-1. If we can get an equaliser and some momentum then you never know.
Or am I dreaming?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We’re doing more in an attacking sense than recently and Macdonald’s goal was well-taken. Defensively weak and the midfield isn’t offering that much protection, which doesn’t give me the confidence that we’ll limit them to two. Referee a bit of a homer and a rash of soft bookings, makes me fear we won’t finish with a full eleven.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well being positive we’re still in the game at 2-1. If we can get an equaliser and some momentum then you never know.
Or am I dreaming?
It’s possible, but only if we can keep all 11 players in the pitch. Three defenders have been booked.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Foley on for Davies. An attacking move but is it too little too late

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well, that almost seems like a win! Full marks to Micky for changing the system to give support to Nevitt and a great fight back from the team. I look forward to seeing reports and highlights.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
A point is point...but we were really poor against a really average Bristol side...but hey ho on to Tuesday

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Getting a point after being 2-0 down away from home is a positive. Don’t forget Bristol rovers had won their last 3 in all competitions. It stops the rot ahead of a winnable game on Tuesday

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Look forward to any reports. Doohan criticised on other sites for not commanding his box as well as he should be doing. Will wait and see the goals

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think defensively we looked brittle, don’t pin it all on Doohan, unsure that the 3 at the back was a total success. I also felt that the midfield didn’t protect the defence enough, O’Connor had a quiet game and a definite improvement when Foley came on.

Definitely a point gained. The Glatzel leveller was something Clarke might have scored. The Pirates strikers went off the boil 2nd half hit the post once and didn’t make the most of a few decent chances. Maynard wasn’t sure. Couple of half chances but not light years ahead of Nevitt.

Couple of pints in the Drapers Arms and now headed back to Wales with mate I’m stopping with. Happy with the point given how we started but some interesting decisions for Micky ahead.

Last edited: