• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Peter Reid

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
According to an old friend I know whos 40 odd lol, he said hes seen peter reid around this past week near preton park, and hes not the kind to lie.

accoring to a few friends were in talks.

now, I don't really wanna know if you believe it all but I wanna know would you have him in chrage and what are your views if he is on the way to the pp hot seat.

S

Seanyb

Out of anyone, i would like peter reid. He has had experience as a manager before (took sunderland to the premiership if im not mistaken). Also, i don't what people views are on having a celebrity manager, but i personally think that this can help attract some good names to league 1. Lets just hope it does anyway.

P

Prenton

Yeh i be happy with Peter Reid, just been watching Sky Sports News and seen that Macca has put himself forward. Which i'm not happy about.Story here.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I'll pin my colours to the mast (or whatever the saying is!) and say I would love it if Peter Reid was named as our new manager.

Experienced
Passionate
Likeable
Local

Ronnie Moore would be my second choice, he's got all of the above but you have to ask if he can't get Oldham out of League 1 why would it be any different with us?

Whatever the outcome, I just hope it's all sorted out ASAP.

M

Matthew The Rover

Gary Peters at Shrewsbury has been approached too. I'd prefer him to Reid

my number one choice would have to be ned kelly.but i wouldn't say no to peter reid or even gary peters(he's done a fab job at shrewsbury)! i've heard gary mccallisters name mentioned and with a good assistant i think he would do a great job!but i would go for ned first. we need someone by the end of the week though,so hurry up lorraine!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Yer some intersting comments here. But Reidy I'll like to see in charge.

Don;t know much about the shrews manager so I wont say anything about him, I'd liek to see KElly in charge yes that would be good but mcallisters wife has recently died so I dont think hell be up for it.

McAteer I dont see aporblem with but hes the next NEXT tranmere manager.

Reidy is my first choice.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I wouldn't mind Reid if I knew he'd do a better job than he did at Coventry and Leeds. Gary Peters would be good as he knows the lower leagues and would be able to work well on the budget we'd give him. I think Ned Kelly would do a good job but realistically he won't come and its the same with Ronnie Moore. Some things McAteer has said over the past few days have interested me though... now of course he could just be blowing hot air, but he claims he has had big name players agree in principle to come to us if he got the job. I'm sure I read somewhere that these players would stand up against the signing of Aldridge? Might be wrong though. McAteer has also said that he could get a well respected, experienced No.2 to work with him. Bruce Rioch and Brian Kidd where the names mentioned I think. Personally I wouldn't have McAteer because I think that could all be hot air but if he did get it then it would be interesting to see if he stuck to his promises!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Peter Reid didn't do a particularly good job at Manchester City, wasteful transfer dealings (at least no chance of those here) negative football and didn't bring many of the youth team through. His record at Sunderland was patchy and he hasn't torn up any trees since. No thanks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Time for some Reid stats:

reidstats3tt.jpg

Overall
Games: 537
Won: 231
Lost: 168
Drawn: 138

Not a bad record. Won about 43% of his total games. Compared to our previous managers whose win records were in the 40%+ bracket (see below)

trfcstats7lp.jpg

(aldridge stats not complete)

Let's look at Ronnie Moore.

moorestats6wo.jpg

Overall
Games: 475
Won: 169
Lost: 163
Drawn: 143

Ronnie's win ration drops disappointingly down to 35% having lost 33% of his total matches.

Now onto Gary Peters.

petersstats2ue.jpg

Overall
Games: 259
Won: 103
Lost: 85
Drawn: 71

Similar record as the above winning just under 40% of his total matches. Managed far fewer games though.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Some good stats there Ian. Well done... Makes Reid look good but I suppose those stats may not tell the whole story.