• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Paul Brown

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Accrington are allowing Paul Brown to come back here after his month on loan there. It doesn't look like he has made that much of an impression there then.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He definately didnt at all. I was checking that out the other day. Didn't get a sniff. :oops:

B

Banana Army

They only took him to depen their squad. He played so well in pre season though

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good, glad too see him back. hes an extra player there for us.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

What a load of rubbish he's well better than all the crap that play there!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The fact that he didn't play a game there though means nothing... he obviously didn't do that well in training at Accrington or he would have been in their team! If he had played as well as he did during pre-season in training for Accrington they would have had him in their team, simple as that.

C

ChiefRich

Might just be that the manager of Accrington Stanley really is that bad and didn't see his talent in training, or that the lad didn't train to his full ability etc. Maybe his mind was on getting in the team here or something.

Whatever it was, I have seen enough of Brown (as have many of you) to be convinced that he is a worthy contender for a place on the bench at least. For the first time in a while I think we have 3 genuinely good left-sided players in Roberts, Tremarco and Brown.

And he still insists more often than not at playing Goodison there........ I think that is one thing that is going to have me lose my faith in Little sooner than anything else. I've not lost it yet, but there is always time for change, like there is on Tranmere's left.

We will see when Sharps is back in the team.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Fair enough about maybe his mind was on getting a place back in team... but surely that would motivate him to do better there to impress Little. I wouldn't say though that the Accrington manager doesn't have the ability to see if he was any good in training.

C

ChiefRich

No I was merely speculating! I have no idea why he wasn't in the Accrington team, but I'd have thought a player as good as Brown has been on the 3/4 times I have seen him would walk into a Conference side.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I know you were speculating... I was just saying I don't think that could be the case. Little seems to think he is very inconsistent in training... maybe the Accrington manager saw the same?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
whatever the case is, he deserves better than conference football.

didn't understand why he was sent out on loan in the 1st place. but now he is back hopefully he can get his head down,work hard and get in the 1st team! :lol:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel he deseves his chance but is he mentally prepared? Looks like he can be a very good player for us though

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't really see him getting in... Little wants Roberts or Tremarco left midfield and Jennings or Aiston right midfield it looks like. Although he may be worth a go.