• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parking & Prenton Park

YellowRich

Greetings from snoozy Norfolk!

I will be making the cross country trip to your humble town next Friday and was wondering where the best place to park is. If anybody can help me I'd appreciate it. :)

Cheers

YellowRich

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi there. There is an official car park (£4) or a sports field just past Aldo's which I assume is cheaper. There is also street parking around the ground (but strict parking restrictions apply) so be careful.

Another option if you don't mind walking, is to park around Sainsbury's and walk for 10 mins down to the ground (Woodchurch Lane).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...1142,-3.037763&spn=0.010421,0.027874&t=h&z=16

YellowRich

Ian, thanks a lot! :-D

I was also wondering whether I'm likely to receive any hassle from the locals should I decide to park somewhere and walk to the ground. I've never been to Prenton Park so I'm not sure whether to expect any hostility. I'm not suggesting that Tranmere are a dirty club (we had Leeds here yesterday who were an utter disgrace), I just want to make sure as I'll have a little one with me.

Thanks again!

YellowRich

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I very much doubt it. Just make sure you don't park in a restricted place and you'll be fine. We're a friendly bunch :)

YellowRich

Excellent. So are we Norwich folk. Should be a terrific away day. Thanks for your help and good luck with the rest of the season. :cool:

YellowRich

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, we're a friendly bunch, follow Ian's advice and you can't go much wrong. Just be careful of the street parking restrictions as many a fan gets a ticket on matchday.

Hope you enjoy the trip but maybe not too much, we need the points more than you! :roll:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I always park on Riviera Drive, 10 minutes from the ground, no restrictions, generally lots of spaces and quite easy to escape.

Shhhh, just don't tell anyone ;-)

YellowRich

Cheers chaps. You're a lot friendlier than those blue sh*thouses based just across the river from you... :-&

Are there any pubs in which away supporters are welcome? :lol:

Really looking forward to it. :-D

btw: you may get the result you want. City are notoriously bad when the cameras are on them.

YellowRich

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Away fans are welcome in the Clipper behind the main stand, only problem is that it takes about half an hour to get served!

Enjoy the trip, and like Ian says, we have a terrible record in front of the TV cameras. 0-0? I'll take that!

YellowRich

I'll make a note of The Clipper. Cheers. =D>

I'm hoping for a good atmosphere. We're taking about 1,000. Do you think we'll outnumber you? :wink:

YellowRich

Player
Johnny Morrissey
In the pub, more than likely. It's on TV so don't expect a big crowd. I'll say around 6,500 in total attendance.

Player
Goodison
I'm hoping for a good atmosphere. We're taking about 1,000. Do you think we'll outnumber you? :wink:

The stewards outnumber us sometimes :shock:

Only kidding, we''ll probably have around 4000-5000 (ish) home fans.

I think the last time we played well on TV was when we beat Southampton 4-3 in 2001! ](*,)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think the last time we played well on TV was when we beat Southampton 4-3 in 2001! ](*,)

Even then we only showed up in the second half! Hopefully Friday night can be the odd one from the trend, that it's a good game and that hopefully, sorry YellowRich, we get all 3 points that we so desperately need. SWA.

YellowRich

Thanks for all your help, folks. Hoping for a great game tomorrow and best of luck for the rest of the season. You may now close my account. :-D

City 'til I die,

YellowRich