• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Palmer, Cass & others

Player
Goodison
Apparently we played Gibson when we knew he had the risk of a long term injury and didn't inform Boro - so they're not very happy and might not be willing to let us loan him again, he also might be out for 3 months as well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
As good as Gibson has been, I don't think he's been as influential as other loanees and I think our defence looks pretty solid still. I just wonder how we'll fair without Cass up front. I have faith in Stockton but only time will tell.

It's a funny one with loanees. On one hand, you can get a duff but haven't made any long term commitment, they soon disappear. On the other hand, you unveil a gem and the players club benefits as they go back a better player and we lose the player.

I guess at least for the time they spent at the club, they made a difference.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd say Gibson did well for us, slotting in straight away and never really having a bad game. I'd be concerned if RTIDs information is accurate. Cassidy will be missed for his goals and work-rate. Palmer somehow doesn't seem as good without Wallace alongside.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently we played Gibson when we knew he had the risk of a long term injury and didn't inform Boro - so they're not very happy and might not be willing to let us loan him again, he also might be out for 3 months as well.

On Boro OS says he is on loan with us till May once the injury clears.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Solbakken been sacked yet?

Only a matter of time I would have thought. Cassidy came off the bench on 68 minutes today, so it will be interesting to see if he is in the squad for their league game next week.

Player
Manager
John King
On Boro OS says he is on loan with us till May once the injury clears.

Ronnie said on Friday he expects him to be back with us within three weeks. I don't think there is any substance to the rumour cited above.

Player
Manager
John King
Dean Saunders the favourite to replace him. The plot thickens.....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm a little surprised how highly Saunders seems to be rated as a manager. Took his time to make an impact at Wrexham, couldn't reverse Doncaster's fortunes last season and given their stronger finances arguably should be clear of Rovers...

Sean O'Driscoll is a Wolves fan and after his puzzling axing by Forest, which doesn't seem to have helped their cause, is available.

Meanwhile the caretaker at Molyneux is their head of football development. Not quite sure what that job title means, but if any connection with youngsters, then he may be familiar with Cassidy and give him a run-out.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
As good as Gibson has been, I don't think he's been as influential as other loanees and I think our defence looks pretty solid still. I just wonder how we'll fair without Cass up front. I have faith in Stockton but only time will tell.

When you consider that the alternative has been Goodison things start to look a bit different. Gibbo has been huge for us.

Player
Manager
John King
When you consider that the alternative has been Goodison things start to look a bit different. Gibbo has been huge for us.

I agree. We also should not understimate Gibson's influence in the dressing room. He, Robbo and Wallace are the strongest charcters in the squad, and we have missed the leadership on and off the pitch of two of those three in recent weeks.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would add Ash Taylor to that list of leaders, certainly on the park.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I totally agree Boz - Ash is a clear leader on the pitch and definite captain material in the future. . Seems that Saunders has gone to Wolves. With a bit of luck that might derail Doncaster a bit as they were flying. Saunders of course will know a bit about Cassidy so I would be surprised if he comes back now.

Player
Manager
John King
Saunders of course will know a bit about Cassidy so I would be surprised if he comes back now.

Apparently he tried to sign Cassidy when he was at Wrexham, so the omens don't look good.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Would anyone accept Lee Hughes, now hes been released by Notts County??

Player
Jimmy Harvey
O halleron and Donavan both signed for another month.

Ronnie is struggling however to bring in any new faces due to budget constraints. Made a number of enquiries but has as yet hit a stone wall. He has tried to bring in a number of experienced strikers plus another midfielder however his budget currently will only stretch to untried and tested youth players one of which is some kid from Everton Lundstrom?

Think patience will be the key however with some really hard games coming up and a wafer thin squad Ronnies hand may be forced to take a gamble.

As for Lee Hughes I would rather not seems to be past it now and probably will end up in L2.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Would anyone accept Lee Hughes, now hes been released by Notts County??

no, not good enough. plus he's a tosser, multiple convict, can't really be arsed with him.

everyone needs to forget about cassidy. imagine if we loaned out a striker to gillingham and he ended up being 3rd top scorer in league two and fired them to the top of the league while we were facing a relegation battle the next division up. that's basically the situation wolves are in. he's going to get games for them.

Player
Manager
John King
I know I have said this many times on here recently but......this is an absolutely massive month (week even) for PJ and Ronnie. With Akpro's return date postponed again I think we have to bring someone of proven quality in up front.

Nathan Tyson was the name mentioned on Radio Merseyside tonight - I believe we went after him in October as well - and I think it has to be a player of that kind of calibre that we recruit.

I always thought RM would pass on Baxter because he is not a conventional centre forward and that seems to be the case; Ronnie pretty much ruled out signing him in his interview after the Derby game for precisely that reason.