• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Outside our first eleven

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I was looking at the sides for tonights game and a thought cross my mind. When you look at the 11 on the bench apart from McAteer, Greenacre, Achterberg and add Tremarco who's still injured........how much strength in depth do we have??

Don't get me wrong I'm really pleased with all our signings this summer, I guess I just hope not too many of them get injured / suspended at the same time!!!

Any other thoughts??

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I was worried about that too and I hope we don't get too many injuries next season as it could be a big problem... but i'm sure if we do Ronnie will make use of the loan system and will hopefully do better with it then Little did. Also if we have a good cup run or two then maybe we may make one or two permanent additions throughout the season if needed.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah I guess there is the loan system and the smaller squad does allow more scope for that....am just worried some of the younger kids might get chucked in at crucial times. There does appear to be some funds around too and a good cup run might open that window for us in January.

Am still really excited about this squad, looks like the best one we've had for a while!!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think Mike Jones will provide good cover for Shuker and also I think Jennings has potential in the centre but its just whether Moore can get it out of him and of course we have McAteer. Tremarco can play left mid as cover for Ellison if desperate. McCready can play anywhere across the back four and we have a couple of youngsters as back up for centre back if needed. If we can get some momentum together and are playing well then I think if we throw a youngster or two in then that will rub off on them.