• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Os v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Should have said four points off top as Cambridge scored a late winner.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Unfortunately now four points off the top through Cambridge’s late winner. Cheltenham also won and FGR should win tonight, but results below is went well apart from Bolton’s late winner.

Player
Manager
John King
The Orient manager has been sacked. I had a feeling that would happen today.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Their fans were expecting it, had been on a poor run. I didn't think they looked that bad a team today, though were unable to convert their possession into goals.

Player
Manager
John King
Forest Green one up against Colchester and will surely beat them.

We just need to make better use of the next two home games than we did of the last two.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Thought 1st half we were fairly poor with our passing very sloppy but improved a lot after the break to rin out deserved winners.

Onto Tuesday and our home form needs to improve if we are to end up in the top 3.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we win all our games, given 3 of them are against sides currently in the automatic spots, we should go up. Realistically we won't win them all, but it is still very much in our hands.

Player
Manager
John King
It was noticeable today that Ray made a difference when we played out from the back. It is great having two centre halves who are comfortable on the ball.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It was noticeable today that Ray made a difference when we played out from the back. It is great having two centre halves who are comfortable on the ball.
This could be crucial in home games especially against teams who come to defend a lot like Tuesday

Player
aldo
the change with Ray is amazing again the work that has gone into him is great so happy for the guy as it seemed he was no good but is proving people wrong and I for one think it is great and again well done to the coaches and staff,and the players

Player
aldo
well, this is something that rovers don't do too often away form is won 7 draws 5 loss 3 at home won 8 draws 1 loss 6 if we can get the home form sorted. we will be in great shape I am not going to say it we always do ant it goes tits up, so let us keep stum and do this I am a very happy rover oh and a little drunk lol

Player
Manager
John King
I have just seen Newport's 'pitch' on the Quest highlights. Let's just say I am glad the game on Tuesday night is being played at Prenton Park........

Player
Manager
John King
I am not exaggerating when I say it is the worst pitch I have seen in my supporting lifetime. It is like the worst areas from our pitch last season but spread across the entire playing surface.

drwhoman

the change with Ray is amazing again the work that has gone into him is great so happy for the guy as it seemed he was no good but is proving people wrong and I for one think it is great and again well done to the coaches and staff,and the players
He was sidelined by MM so maybe a new Manager has renewed his enthusiasm. He was captain at Crewe so he must have something going for him. In looking back I discovered that he was the first player to make his club debut in a cup final! Crewe v Southend 2013!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Exciting times. There's a lot of goals in this squad and I'm feeling very confident watching Rovers at the moment. They really are clicking. Even after the 1st half today I was not overly worried as we defended well, Davies had very little to do all game and we can punish teams. 3-0 up seemed a little harsh on Orient as I thought they played quite well without any real bite but it shows how clinical we can be. 2 shots, 2 goals I think it was early on. Bring on the games I say as we are in terrific form.

Fair play to Ray who has been in great form too. I thought he was awful to be honest when I'd seen some of his games under Mellon but he looks like a different player now and all credit to the staff.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ray was a disappointment last season, he was given a number of chances by Mellon early on, but failed to nail his place down. The Crewe fans reckoned he’d usually make one bad mistake a game. Think the fact he has a fairly laid-back playing style compared to say Nelson, who’ll put his body on the line, didn’t help endear him to fans. He’s done well when given opportunities this season, nothing spectacular, just calm, steady performances and has cut out the errors.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It probably helps also playing alongside Clarke with Spearing providing some protection too.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Speculation elsewhere that James Vaughan’s injury is a bad one. No more than that at this stage, but could have a significant impact on our prospects if correct.

Player
Manager
John King
Ray was a disappointment last season, he was given a number of chances by Mellon early on, but failed to nail his place down. The Crewe fans reckoned he’d usually make one bad mistake a game. Think the fact he has a fairly laid-back playing style compared to say Nelson, who’ll put his body on the line, didn’t help endear him to fans. He’s done well when given opportunities this season, nothing spectacular, just calm, steady performances and has cut out the errors.
I think the problem was, as Ian suggests, he had inexperienced players alongside him in Nelson and Monthe, both of whom were also very poor last season, and starting his Rovers career at a higher level probably did not help either. None of that trio looked good enough for League One last season but Ray seemed to be singled out for criticism.

It would be disastrous if Vaughan was seriously injured, but I am unsure how we could possibly know the extent of the injury until we have had the result of scans etc, unless he went straight to hospital last night and I have seen no indication that happened.

Last edited: