• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Os v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a trip to Brisbane Road next for the mighty whites, as we face an Orient side currently becalmed in mid table and experiencing a period of poor form. Orient deservedly beat us in the return fixture but did not look exceptional, and Rovers performance that night was a contender for worst display under Mike Jackson (which is saying something). If we match the performance level of last night I think we will win the game, and two very winnable home fixtures follow next week.

Orient's star performer is ex-Rovers loanee Danny Johnson, who is currently the third top scorer in League Two, and they can also call on the experience of Joby McAnuff.

I think we will start the game with the side that played the majority of the second half last night, with Morris selected ahead of the recovering Danny Lloyd, and O'Connor surely preferred to Nelson at right back even if Sid is fit. George Ray was excellent at Carlisle and deserves to keep his place.

If we are going to break into the top three and stay there, we will have to put a series of victories together as we did last month, and we should be targeting three points from this match.

Player
aldo
just let us hope we tighten up at the back, but keep the same flair up top, the Little Messi and the gunslinger Vaughan, and with the executioner Feeney with the deadly cross or pass just keep it going we will be alright

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Games coming thick and fast with rovers next facing a trip to Brisbane Road to face an out of form Orient side.

An Orient fan I work with said they play a 4-3-3 but it just isn’t working and many fans fear their chances of promotion are fading rapidly and a change in manager may be needed to stop their slide down the division. In the last 6 games, whereas rovers sit third in the form guide, our opponents sit in 24th having picked up only 3 points out of a possible 18. Surely then a great time to play them and if we can get the first goal you would hope for a comfortable win (although rovers don’t do comfortable wins!!). Tuesday night saw a spirited Orient performance but a late defeat to inform Bradford.

Despite their poor form Orient have a goal poacher in their ranks in the form of ex rover loannee Danny Johnson. Personally he has had a decent season with the top 3 league two scorers being Mullin (22), Vaughan (18) and Johnson (14). They also have premier league experience in Jobi Mcanuff. So this won’t be an easy game but the players must be bouncing after Tuesday and surely we are capable of bringing home 3 points if we defend right, as we’ll normally create chances. Hopefully we start the game better than Tuesday.

As for team selection, if everyone fit I would expect O’Connor to come in for Sid plus Ray deserves to stay in ahead of Manny in my opinion. Can’t see anything else changing unless Keith wants to freshen it up and play someone like Morris ahead of Lloyd.

Prediction: rovers to have too much for the home side and run out worthy winners.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think this will be an easy game, though with the hosts going for a more defensive approach in recent games, according to some O's fans, it may be very different to the game at PP, where we were on the back-foot throughout.

If Rovers stick with a similar formation to that at Carlisle, then hopefully KH will come to accept that O'Connor is the best option he's currently got at right-back. If Danny Lloyd is fully fit, I'd be inclined to go with him initially, he can force things to happen in a way Kieron Morris doesn't, which could help if the hosts play defensively. Would be surprised to see any other unforced changes.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
O'Connor has to start at right back but I'm happy for either Lloyd or Morris to start.

We need to get back to keeping clean sheets, 2 0 win

Player
ian goodison
as seen with the Stevenage game & southend last night we can,t take anything for granted as AM says tighten up at the back and we are a match for anyone no idea of the score 3pts are more important

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd prefer a start for O'Connor and Lloyd. Surely we must be coming away with three valuable points here. I think offensively we will be too strong for them and after a cagey start, we'll find our rhythm and come away worthy winners.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I remember the day well. We had a hill to climb (no pun intended) after Clint had been sent off, but I was proud of the way the team responded. The equaliser was the best goal of the game. Sadly, that day was probably the high point in Rovers’ history. Until Palios and Mellon arrived, it was downhill from there. I live in hope we might get back into Tier Two before too long, although getting to another major final would be a big ask.

Player
Manager
John King
It was perhaps the greatest single event in our history, but I would argue the real peak came several seasons earlier when we were consistently in the play offs for the Premier League under Kingy.

Player
Manager
John King
Lloyd starts ahead of Morris, O'Connor at right back, otherwise unchanged. CBT back on bench.

Player
Manager
John King
The IFollow commentators: 'We did not play well at Carlisle'.

Flipping heck......

Player
Manager
John King
Jake Caprice is being interviewed in the pre match preamble and by coincidence he has just this second conceded a penalty against Crawley !

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Line up as expected. We get the first goal here we should win easily as their heads will drop

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Scrappy start. Spearing’s radar a bit wonky.