• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Orient v rovers

Match result

• Leyton Orient

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Orient v rovers
Posted by Ian
Breyer Group Stadium
Saturday, May 7, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 7, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
Please Please can we get a win but as is the Norm they have been on a good run since the new manager has come in, can the team at least turn up and give us a chance 1-0 rovers who knows

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The whole season now rests on this game. Slim chance really but a chance nonetheless. We have to win at all costs. Will the team turn up and give it a go?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The whole season now rests on this game. Slim chance really but a chance nonetheless. We have to win at all costs. Will the team turn up and give it a go?
Micky has to take the handbrake off and go for it, we need to give at them from early get in front and go from there

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
After the 2-2 Salford draw, it makes things fairly simple for the remaining game.

We have to win, Swindon have to lose and Sutton have to not win. We all play away.

Wallsall (15) v Swindon (7)
Harrogate (17) v Sutton (8)

The odds don't look good.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A two in twenty seven probability, without considering recent form, strength of opposition etc.

Walsall's recent home form has been good under Mike Flynn, but Swindon have one of the best away records in the division.

drwhoman

A two in twenty seven probability, without considering recent form, strength of opposition etc.

Walsall's recent home form has been good under Mike Flynn, but Swindon have one of the best away records in the division.
One positive might be that Orient really have nothing to play for. They are going nowhere next season. There is always hope!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Right well all down to the last game, the odds are well stacked against us and we are unlikely to make the play offs, but it would be good if ee could end with a win.

I won't know the result and other results until much later in the evening as I am getting married at 3pm. As off on honeymoon next Tuesday I won't be posting much in the next few weeks but be back regularly after that.

Player
Manager
John King
Right well all down to the last game, the odds are well stacked against us and we are unlikely to make the play offs, but it would be good if ee could end with a win.

I won't know the result and other results until much later in the evening as I am getting married at 3pm. As off on honeymoon next Tuesday I won't be posting much in the next few weeks but be back regularly after that.
Good luck with the big day. Hopefully it will be a double celebration.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Judging by the poll on this threat not many of the SWA believe we can win this one. Not a surprise given our woeful away form. The hosts are finishing the season in positive mood and Wellens has had some decent results overall and the game is a sell out. Micky says we have a clean bill of health apart from long term ones like NKP. I assume Mcmanaman comes back into contention but I suspect the team will be similar to the starting line up v Oldham. I'm hoping that for the likes of McDonald, Davies, Cogley and Warrington it isn't their last ever game for Tranmere.

Prediction: I think we'll make a decent go of it. Micky says we won't approach the game any differently but we all know ordinarily he would be happy with a point away from home. The fact that we must win to have any chance must surely mean we'll go for it a bit more. Especially if results are going in our favour. However a lot has to happen for us to make the top 7 and I just can't see the stars aligning that much.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No, bit of a long shot but all we can do is give it a right old go. If they do not do that at least, I will be furious.
@bigmart life officially ends tomorrow! only joking, have a great day:thumbsup:

ADD

Player
Norwood

Starting married life badly if your wife to be won't let you have a live Ifollow radio feed playing in the background during the ceremony:)
In all seriousness have a great day safe in the knowledge that MM will unleash the shackles - we will go for the win from the first minute - we will win handsomely - we will all think why didn't we do that all season and it will be all for nought as at least one of Swindon and Sutton will also win handsomely!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hope all goes well with the wedding, bigmart.

While I’m hoping for a win and that the other results go away, the odds of progressing to the play-offs are slim as Ian demonstrates near the start of this thread.

Player
Manager
John King
I just hope we win the game, irrespective of what happens elsewhere. A victory would put us on seventy five points, which would be a better total than we got last season when we finished in seventh place, or even 2018-19 when we were promoted. It would be a positive way to end the season.

I thought Orient were a decent side when we played them before Christmas, and they have got some good players such as Aaron Drinnan and Paul Smith, and a capable manager in Ritchie Wellens. They are one of the form teams in the division and we start the game as underdogs.

I think the starting eleven will be as last Saturday.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yes good luck hope all goes well, as for tomorrow I think we are going to the beach and not looking, just hope the team plays well and repays the fans a little

Player
ian goodison
as sparky has said we seem resigned to stay in this league, can,t see micky approaching this game any differently than the previous 20 odd away games, problem is we don,t have any creative players (apart from morris) to I think really have a go, still we live in hope

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It's a weird feeling that despite how downbeat we all are, today could be one of the most remarkable and memorable days in our history.! Highly unlikely, but all amazing achievements are due to their improbability!