• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

One of the saddest sights I have seen at Prenton Park

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
just songs toward rogers, not very nice ones for thatmatter and people were getting arrested or thrown about. them fans went in to rogers offices or something and had words. I just stayed to see what happened.

on a better note..i shook steve bruce's hand :)

DixieDean

Ian said:
its ok to be smug after that debacle, i just think your attitude stinks! :shock:

ian don't be jealous mate. just cos you wasted your time and i didnt. :D

i think you are mixing up smugness with my sense of humour. I was actually trying to lighten things up, but i guess that was lost on you.

i bought my season ticket as my way of supporting the club. it is then my choice if i use it or not. Just like when i bought the away shirt with everyone's names on. I did it as my way of providing the club with some cash. It's unworn. So was that a waste of money? Any money given to TRFC in any way is not a waste of money. It all goes towards keeping the club afloat, which is surely what we all want.

Friday was the first match i've intentionally missed in a long time. Like I said my match going buddies were away, which wouldn't normally put me off, but the thought of us strolling round against a crap side like Scunthorpe didn't enthuse me.

Ok, so we could have played a blinder and stuffed them 4-0 and perhaps you'd think i'd be pissed off at missing out. Well, i'd actually be more made up about the fact we could be turning the corner. Whether I'm there or not won't make a difference to their performance or the result and I honestly did think we'd lose. It was just a feeling I had. I also thought it would spell the end for Brian. Which unfortunately looks unlikely.

If you honestly think that my attitude stinks then fair enough, but I really don't see what I've done wrong!

Pete SWA!

all i can say to this line of disscution is my definition of a supporter is one who supports ? :?:
i go to every home game and magority of aways every week shout my lungs out and do my bit for the team in my own way :cry: if everyone said bugger it we are not winning what state would we be in then ( 1980's!) an a damn site worse off than now! ](*,)
as for booing my god that really helps the teams moral i bet!
:-#

Player
Morrisey
Surely he has paid the money and got the ticket. That on its own is supporting the club. If he misses one match because he is in a lazy mood on a Friday night then let him do that! It is his choice!

B

Banana Army

Pete SWA! said:
all i can say to this line of disscution is my definition of a supporter is one who supports ? :?:
i go to every home game and magority of aways every week shout my lungs out and do my bit for the team in my own way :cry: if everyone said bugger it we are not winning what state would we be in then ( 1980's!) an a damn site worse off than now! ](*,)
as for booing my god that really helps the teams moral i bet!
:-#

Ok then what about an exile. A young exile. Someone still at college or school. Someone who cant drive and cant afford to get a train or bus up week in week out as well as the ticket price? Are they not a fan simply because they dont attend every hom game? Your definition of a fan is very narrow minded.
You could even take it a stage further and say what about a fan living abroad. There is no simple definition of a fan except
"one who follows his club with passion"

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Pete SWA! said:
Yes, but a supporter doesn't have to be there to support, many a game I've followed via the radio or teletext and more recently the internet. Doesn't make that person any less a supporter. Not everyone can make every game, that's not realistic as people have jobs and other commitments in their lives.

It's commendable that you make every home game, so do I (employment permitting) because I want to get value from my season ticket. But I don't sneer at supporters for whom a game would be their first for years perhaps even since relegation or whatever, because I don't know their situation, perhaps they've been at the other end of the country in the meantime, or even living abroad. Perhaps they've been flat broke, it's none of my business.

Pete SWA!

im not "sneerin" at anyone yes i work too but still make the effort to go ? specially at home god its at time like this i believe we can make a difference with all the vocal support we can muster its the only thing we as fans can do? if the team still dont perfom then its time to make the changes and i do know about living abroad i worked in Prague for my sins for 4 months in 2001 and missed 2 home games and all aways in that time, i flew home every fri nite and it made it all the more special to me to get to every game possible.
it must kill to be away and not be able to get to matches it did to me so makes it a must for me anyway to go to each an every one i can

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I have many a time on this forum made clear the reason why I can't go and that reason is the same for many other exiles. I may not support the club from the ground they are actually playing at week in, week out. I do though support them through listening to the game... and I am mentally tired after most games I listen to mainly because it is mentally straining and I am desperate for the team to win! What I don't agree with is people who live on the Wirral (and I have met many while I have been up staying there) deciding not to go to the match after a few bad performances and then moaning about the team.

M

Matthew The Rover

Joe_TRFC said:
I have many a time on this forum made clear the reason why I can't go and that reason is the same for many other exiles. I may not support the club from the ground they are actually playing at week in, week out. I do though support them through listening to the game... and I am mentally tired after most games I listen to mainly because it is mentally straining and I am desperate for the team to win! What I don't agree with is people who live on the Wirral (and I have met many while I have been up staying there) deciding not to go to the match after a few bad performances and then moaning about the team.

Well said Joe

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At the end of the day, its all about opinions. I'm not here preaching to anyone, telling them they should or shouldnt go to games. I just couldnt understand the attitude in this instance. Also, when I say your attitude stinks, I was only talking about this situation, it wasn't meant as a overall attack :-#

Apologies if I didnt get the humour involved either. I'm a little uptight about football right now. You should have seen me during the relegation season. Phew :oops:

Player
Morrisey
If I has a season ticket then I would fo to every match but TBH I go to footy for entertainment aswell as supporting TRFC and if Dixie isn't getting entertained then why not have a break from the game but still support.

DixieDean

It was just a one off. No-one to go with and a feeling of total depression at the way we are playing. I expected a bad performance and a defeat. It's not about me saying "we wont win so i wont go". I simply expected us to play badly (or not at all!). I don't mind us losing as long as we show some fight and some spirit and some actual awareness of what everyone's jobs are on the pitch. Lately I haven't seen any of that and it depresses me so much that I can't bear to watch the team I love looking so disinterested and incapable.
My big "HA HA I DIDNT WASTE MY TIME GOING" was a bit thoughtless and was bound to have wound up people who'd made the effort, and I apologise. I guess I was actually a little relieved that I didn't miss out on anything. Even though I'm still mighty upset that we didnt win, if you get me?

My apathy really has come from what i've seen on the pitch (more often than not) over the last 12 months and I honestly can't see BL turning things round. I'll be back at PP for the next home game, cheeriing, clapping and PRAYING that things improve.

Let's all unite in supporting the lads and wishing them well (even if you do it from home :oops:)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good speech ther dixieI see what you mean. and lets hope we can put this bad patch behind us.