• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

One former TRFC player I'd sign today

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Andy Parkinson.

Looks like he's still doing the business for Grimsby, and we could really use his pace and excellent crossing ability on the right now, with Aiston on the Left.

Don't know what you think, but I think he would be an excellent and not to expensive signing.

Please sign!

M

mikeo32

I'd love to see Jason Koumas back in a tranmere shirt, doesn't look possible though.

Would also like to see Wayne "The chief" Allison back for the whites.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

What the chief? He's well past it but I thought we shouldn't of got rid of Parky in the first place he was a quaility player for us but that was Watson for ya! No chance of Koumas though he's happy at Cardiff

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
id like parkinson back I do miss him and Stuart Barlow is a player I miss.

M

Matthew The Rover

Parkinson left under Ray I think.
And the Chief is still banging them in for Chesterfield this season.

the players mentioned on this thread would never come back. and i certainly wouldn't have two of them back! the "chief" and barlow are obviously well past it,i'd never have them back! koumas wouldn't drop back down to our level,and parky is a in and out player(by this i mean big games,big performances :!:

M

Matthew The Rover

As I said in my previous post, Wayne is still doing very well for him himself at Chesterfield. He is by no means past it. Try praising a played AW2000

Matthew The Rover said:
As I said in my previous post, Wayne is still doing very well for him himself at Chesterfield. He is by no means past it. Try praising a played AW2000

if that last bit is, " try praising a player " i wll praise johnny A all day. also ian sharps,gareth roberts,mike jackson,mark rankine,chris greenacre and all the youngsters would get my praise.but as for chief, na sorry, no praise there :!: =;

M

Matthew The Rover

I have not seen you praise anything or body once.

And, what has the Chief done wrong? His goals were of huge value to us the season before we were relegated, and he knocked Sunderland out of the F.A. Cup for us :)

Matthew The Rover said:
I have not seen you praise anything or body once.

And, what has the Chief done wrong? His goals were of huge value to us the season before we were relegated, and he knocked Sunderland out of the F.A. Cup for us :)

i try to be realistic to be honest mathew! i havn't and will never say that the chief has done anything wrong, i just don't think that bringing him back would be good for the rovers!

don't cry matt, it's just an opinion :!: :-({|=

M

Matthew The Rover

Cry? Why would I cry.

We need somebody to score goals at the moment and Wayne is doing it. I would have him back, not that I mentioned him in the first place, but I would.

Matthew The Rover said:
Cry? Why would I cry.

We need somebody to score goals at the moment and Wayne is doing it. I would have him back, not that I mentioned him in the first place, but I would.

we've got someone to score goals in chris greenacre! we don't need wayne! we need someone to supply our strikers. [-o<

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'd have to agree that I wouldn't be happy if we signed Allison. And yes all we need is someone to create regular chances for Chrissy Greenacre!

C

ChiefRich

I still wouldn't be in favour of signing back the Chief.

Despite the well-known fact that the great Chief is the inspiration for my name, I don't think he is good enough to displace Greenacre (who is quicker and scores more goals), Facey (who is quicker and wins more headers), Davies (who is quicker and more committed), or Dagnall (who is quicker). (Is there a common subliminal reason there?)

The Chief was great in his first year but awful in his second.

I went to a Sheffield United game in 2003/04. The Chief started and he didn't have a clue what was going on. I think the current run might just be a purple patch in his career.

It really hurts to criticise the Chief, but I have to do it I'm afraid. :( :(

The others mentioned so far:
Parkinson: I never really rated him too much; definitely had the talent; looked faster than he was because he was so short; couldn't shoot. 3 times a season was the best player outside the Premiership; the rest he was not very good. Frustrated me a lot
Barlow: I thought was unlucky but wouldn't sign him back for similar reasons to those given for the great Chief
Koumas: Not going to happen as too good but great for us to talk about in our dreamland!! (Please come back Jason - we love you)

Ally

Player
Aldo
Jesus, we've really hit low depths if people are talking about re-signing the Chief and Stuart Barlow. For fuck's sake, we need to go forward not back. The Chief will score the odd goal wherever he is in the lower leagues, that doesn't mean we should re-sign him. WE NEED A MIDFIELD WITH CREATIVITY AND VISION.

Player
John Aldridge
STUART BARLOW!!! You're kidding aren't you? Mr I dont like to mess my hair up himself. Well you certainly made me laugh. Its like suggesting Kevin Gray to come back. Oh and while we're there lets get Dave Watson back to manage us again. Christ I'd go and watch Wrexham play, second thoughts no I wouldnt even with them 3 clowns it wouldnt be quite that bad.

We could do with Dave Challinors long through again, Delroy Facey would be the ideal target and Chrissy Greenacre would score even more feeding off this. Pity DC was a crap defender.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I want Humey back :cry:

:wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
no need to go that far! yes Stuart Barlow, goal scorer, one of our best ever goal scorers!

and all i said i miss him! so stop going off one, cos I said I miss a player!

M

Matthew The Rover

Well said. Stewi was an excellent player for this club. Remember that four day period when he scored six goals :D An excellent player.

Also noticed Wayne Allison won League One player of the month I think

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
thank you. i remeber that scoring frenzy! but the most memorable barlow moment was the 4th v southampton.