• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

O'Leary loan

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We have signed a player on loan folks! After all Brian's clap trap, he's an inexperienced player from Luton and not a premiership team (would have been ludicrous to have signed one from those higher league teams :lol: ) by the name of Stephen O'Leary. The luton website describes him as skilful, but they aint gonna say he's uselss are they? Will wait n see...

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good stuff it was about ime, lets see how he gets on. :D

M

Matthew The Rover

He's such an idiot. He says he doesn't want to sign any inexperienced players and then signs somebody who's played 20 games!

J

Johnny King is God

And what the hell are we going to learn in a month.

j.o.k.e.

M

Matthew The Rover

We wouldn't be in this damn mess if Paul Hall had been offered a two-year contract :evil:

C

championship_here_we_come

Matthew The Rover said:
We wouldn't be in this damn mess if Paul Hall had been offered a two-year contract :evil:

of course that would of helped

paul hall wasnt offered a two yera contact because he wasnt in brains plans for next season as we would in the championship then. woops well doen again brain you really are a dick

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
why is eveyonenegetive about this, I'm, looking forward to seeing what hes like give him a chance for god sakes all of you.

C

i hope he plays right mid then our team could look 1/2 decent

actho
linwood sharps jackson robbo
O'Leary ranks jenno aiston
greenacre davies

subs
tremarco zola whitmore bruce wilson

facey can go home hes crap no wonder oldham only kept him for a month

M

Matthew The Rover

why right-mid? As likely as it is he'll play out of position, put him down the center!

C

bolton_hater said:
why is eveyonenegetive about this, I'm, looking forward to seeing what hes like give him a chance for god sakes all of you.

im not being negative about him just brain little

brain says he doesnt want to bring in a unexperienced player so he brings in someone who is 20 and hasnt played much

brain says he wants a defensive midfilder so he brings in a midfilder with attacking flair

Brain sacks richard hill and lays all blame for bad performances upon him

etc etc

C

Matthew The Rover said:
why right-mid?

because we dont have a right mid as summerbee is just a waste of space who refuses to run or even walk whilst on the pitch

M

Matthew The Rover

Aiston is an excellent right-midfielder. If you went on Tuesday, you will no that he was arguably the best player on the pitch and has arguably been our best player so far this season.

C

Matthew The Rover said:
Aiston is an excellent right-midfielder. If you went on Tuesday, you will no that he was arguably the best player on the pitch and has arguably been our best player so far this season.

i agree with you totally
but i prefer to play him on the left were he is also great and were he originally played so roberts can go left back and goodison can be dropped

or we could play brown [the player who was excellent during pre season and then seemed to do something wrongs and has been dropped for no reason (same for davies)] left mid and aiston right mid

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
so not many people like this new signing then eh?

M

Matthew The Rover

Not when Brian has doubled back on himself no.

On your points championship_here_we_come, I fully agree with you that Aiston was a left-midfielder at Shrewsbury, but it looks to me as if he is right-footed, so he would be and looks to be much more suited on the right. Plus we have Tremaco, Roberts and Brown who I feel would all be better than playing him on the left. Our strongest team would be one with One of the three left-footers on the right and Aiston on the left I feel, not Aiston on the right and somebody such as Jennings on the right.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't believ some people... they moan about Brian Little playing people out of position and then say that a player we have just signed on loan should be played out of position!?! Anyway glad we have signed him... he has some experience because he played 10 games for Luton last season scoring 2 goals. I reckon he could be ok... but think he will be on bench tomorro.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The midfield is getting a little thin on the ground, so I'm glad we've got cover.

I think the problem here is that we are all expecting Brian to bring in someone who will change things around. Whereas in fact, he's looking for players to provide cover.

I say let's give the lad a chance, but I have a gut feeling he'll be antoher sub standard loan singing aka Steve Bruce.

Good to see new faces though :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Matthew The Rover said:
Steve Bruce? Do you mean Alex Bruce Ian!

LOL, its been a lonnngggg day :oops: