• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham v Rovers

Oldham v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Boundary Park
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Mansfield one up against Lincoln. If they win, automatic promotion looks unlikely.

Player
aldo
lets hope we can get a good following again . lets hope we continue the run on sat then it will be a massive home game on the 30th

Player
Manager
John King
It finished one all, another good result which leaves us five points off third with a game in hand. I did not see the game but apparently both sides were impressive. However, Rovers are in contention on merit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great result for us.

Player
aldo
wow its been a great few weeks all the others are dropping points . lets keep our cool . dont do eneything stupid . and we just dont know . . we have had a good season . it could be an amazing one. imagine mk at home if things go the way they are we could have a sell out against em

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I watched Mansfield/Lincoln and what a great game it was. Both teams went for it good and proper but Imps were the more polished. It will take a monumental effort to overtake Stags, given our run of fixtures, and it'll be a shame if our defeat there when we weren't at our best is the determining factor.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I still think the likes of Lincoln, Bury and Mansfield are stronger than us. But we can compete in the play offs against the likes of Exeter, Colchester, MK dons, Carlisle etc.

Guess we’ll find out over the next month or so

Player
Manager
John King
I would say Lincoln and Bury are effectively promoted, but third place is still up for grabs.

Mansfield have more talent than we do, but they are hardly invincible. They have been very inconsistent in recent weeks, losing at Notts County and Pot Vale and drawing at Crawley, while we were on our winning run. If the recent form of the two clubs is repeated in the closing fixtures we will finish above them. Our form could tail off slightly and we would still have a chance of overtaking them.

The most talented squads don't always go up, as we know from our time in the NL. Organisation, team spirit, good management and luck also play a part, and we have a great opportunity.

Player
aldo
lets get cracking . lets fill the away end and make it a home game 1700 already sold and there was 1000 to sell on the day but only 700 remain so looking like a sell out . two massive away days then the biggest home game of the season mk . witch i can see being a sell out . now as for tuesday . i think a hard 3-1 win with the goals spread again . oh ya good to see bury had mayor sent off . more of that please

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Oldham had a good home win yesterday, so will be confident. However, their season is now dead. Let's hope we continue to show the same desire we have for the past two months and make it eight on the bounce.

Bury too are playing their game in hand on Tuesday. This means all of the top seven will have played 40 games and the table situation will be a little clearer.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looking forward to Tuesday. My first away game since the dramatic win at Morecambe.

Expect the same line up apart from Harris in for McCullough. Just hope banks doesn’t lose his head and play the occasion like the home game when he was hopeless

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I though first half we looked anxious at times and really struggled to get our passing game going but the goal changed the game, second half we played much better and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

Player
Manager
John King
Oldham looked a strong side when we played them in the autumn but a lot has happened since then, with the Latics losing a couple of managers and some key players including Surridge. However, Wilde is now back in charge and they had a good win on Saturday so might be due an upturn in form. Baxter misses out through suspension and Callum Lang would appear to be their biggest threat.

Irrespective of who starts for Oldham, we are a better football team and if we match the performances of recent weeks we will win the game. It should be some occasion with 2,000 plus Rovers fans travelling; I can't remember that ever happening before for a standard midweek league match, even in our Championship days. I agree with Sparky that the performance of Banks will be key, and he needs to keep to the script and not get sidetracked by the home support.

A victory will see us overtake Mansfield in fourth place and move within two, possibly one, point of automatic promotion. Exciting times and hopefully this incredible run can continue.

Player
aldo
its match day peeps the oldham fans are protesting at the moment . on saturday only 3254 was there and 400 was away fans . there might be 4500to 5k there with nearly half the super white army . god i wish i was going . if we are gonna get into the autos we need to win . be it ugly or good dosen,t matter only getting the points . there dodgy at the back . in going 3-1 with the goals being spread out again . with 2700 mighty whites on the march

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's going to be an interesting night with Bury also playing against Cambridge. If we win and Bury lose, we are one point behind them and only two points behind MK Dons in second!