• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham - disgraceful

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just been on the official site, away days details for Oldham away game.

£21 for a ticket (BEFORE hand), PLUS £1 if you pay on the gate!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What an absolute disgrace! For one of the worst grounds in the country! Ripped off and freezing the proverbials off??? What a pleasant thought! I suggest a boycott, or at least maybe we all go into the home stands?!

J

Johnny King is God

They were a bit more pleasant to opposing fans when they were seeking our help as they teatered on the brink of going bust. Anyone remember the pleas for support from rival fans on this very site I believe.

Well thankyou very much!

M

Matthew The Rover

Still £11 for me which is a joke :evil: Atleast the coach is only £7.50

Roll on games such as Rotherham and Yeovil where entrance is only £5 or £6

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

That takes the piss. It costing me nearly hte same to go to Gillingham!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
IT goes to show how ridiculous football costs are. I best get in for £11 which is still bad. Normally the club shop are kind to me so fingers crossed they let me off.

M

Matthew The Rover

bolton_hater said:
Normally the club shop are kind to me so fingers crossed they let me off.

I'll get your ticket for you mate

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
OOO yer thatll be great!

Ill speak to you more about it another time mate.

Swindon are just as bad :evil: if not worse. Cost about £24 last year and I had two kids with me so that really bumped the price up. Feckers! sh*t ground sh*t team and u pay a premium to watch BL go all defensive.

Funniest thing all match was their mascot doing a version of 'rocking robin' :shock:

I understand the need to raise dosh for this and that but £24 or £21 to watch League One football, come on, you have to be kidding me. :evil:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree. Paying now £20+ to watch a game in division one is getting silly. It's especially bad if you have kids to pay for as well.

You here clubs banging on about attendances and putting bums on seats, but at these prices, attendances aren't going to improve.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I have written to the Oldham chief executive asking him to send me a copy of the numbers of away fans at Boundary Park in the last few years. Bet not that many this season. I can understand a pound increase on last season, but this is £4 or £5 pounds (depending on if you buy a ticket before or not)! Scandalous, which i also informed Mr Hardy of!

Sh!t ground no fans... wonder why??? oh, and a sh1t team :lol:

Ally

Player
Aldo
Agree with lots of points made here. There was an article in the Observer's Said & Done column on Sunday which said that the average price of a Premiership ticket is now £31 and for Bundesliga games it's £12. German attendances are higher than ever for all games, including cup matches, whereas Premiership (and lower league) attendances have been dwindling slightly for some time.

It's quite simple really isn't it?

Cheaper tickets = more people, better atmosphere + better games.

Rocket science it is not.

Ally said:
Agree with lots of points made here. There was an article in the Observer's Said & Done column on Sunday which said that the average price of a Premiership ticket is now £31 and for Bundesliga games it's £12. German attendances are higher than ever for all games, including cup matches, whereas Premiership (and lower league) attendances have been dwindling slightly for some time.

It's quite simple really isn't it?

Cheaper tickets = more people, better atmosphere + better games.

Rocket science it is not.

and were not even in the prem!there should be a cap in the lower leagues.for e.g; adults max price £15 (if standing £12) concessions max price £7 (if standing £4) as you say ally,more people will attend and everyone will benefit from a better atmosphere!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Oldham should not be allowed to charge those prices. What a shit hole it is as well. Have any of you been there? Its fucking shit groung.

M

Matthew The Rover

It'll be my second trip there and it was a shit hole four years ago whenI went!!!

Anyway, got match and coach tickets today for 1 adult and 3 concessions. Cost me £85 in total :shock:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've only just read this thread and amazed that the average price of a Premiership ticket is £31 and we got stung £22 at Boundary Park. I'm going to visit a few grounds and see how much prices vary from division and teams.. It just seems to be getting more expensive every week!