• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham Athletic v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Boundary Park hasn't been too bad a venue for us in the last few years, but after the home form-book was turned around this season with a Rovers win against the Latics, let's hope that Oldham don't gain their revenge this weekend. It is probably a bad time to face them, fired-up to erase their memories of the thumping by Franchise last Saturday.

While I would prefer a win, it could be argued that so long as we don't lose this and Chesterfield away against fellow strugglers, that will suffice. Sooner or later we need to start winning again though. While it is theoretically possible Rovers could end up in the bottom four if we lose, looking at other games the bottom sides face at the weekend, that seems unlikely.

Robinson and Enoch are back in contention after coming through a reserve game, presume the 5-0 hammering by Man City's Elite Development Squad. While Robinson could offer something from the bench, I wouldn't want Enoch replacing Brunt or Tiryaki at this time.

Prediction. Draw at best, but losing by a couple feels more likely.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
After doing so well against the "bigger" clubs lately, I feel a drubbing against one of our nearby table clubs is on its way for us, so Im going 3-0 to Coldham :-k

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have to get sumthing out of this game im going for 1 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Really, I think we have to win one of the next two away games. Spirits seem to have been lifted slightly by the performances against Carlisle and Charlton, but old doubts will return if we fail to perform in the next two matches, regardless of the number of 'easy' home games we have coming up.

Although Robinson and Showunmi are available, I wouldn't change the side that played against Charlton other than in the (unlikely) event that the formation is changed. I don't think the midfield trio should be disturbed by bringing Robbo back just yet, and to be honest I wouldn't touch Enoch with the proverbial given his performances earlier in the season. Besides, Brunt deserves to keep his place and may actually be a striker who can score some goals for us.

DIW

Player
Goodison
2-1 to them. We score first. Probably after 5 minutes.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
2-1 to them. We score first. Probably after 5 minutes.
Sadly, that's the most likely score in my view, but we can only hope. A statistical nugget I can offer is that although we are vulnerable when we score first, we have always been OK this season if we have scored the first two goals. On the four occasions when we have taken a 2-0 lead, that's been the final score.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
well Ive read the predictions and you shock me with ur scores.we are all tranmere fans,i know things are not good but come on fellas we need to be positive,ok 1 win in what 18 games may not be good but lets whupp them, Oldham are not very good either.lets score 2 goals if we can in the first half and see what happens.i know thats very optimistic but lets go for it.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
well Ive read the predictions and you shock me with ur scores.we are all tranmere fans,i know things are not good but come on fellas we need to be positive,ok 1 win in what 18 games may not be good but lets whupp them, Oldham are not very good either.lets score 2 goals if we can in the first half and see what happens.i know thats very optimistic but lets go for it.

I could put a positive "We will win 100-0", but we all know we won't. It has nothing to do with be a rovers supporter or not, its to do with it being a realistic score. Be honest, do you expect us to score a goal, never mind more than one? Cos I don't. Do you expect us to concede at least 1, because I do, and as its a "derby" I think we will get a spanking (And not the nice type you get off the mrs!). I used to love going to games expecting a win, but its a case of expecting to lose, every single time. Which is down to the tactics employed byour physio, sorry manager, not the team, though I do think some of the team are not exactly busting their balls for LP anymore.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
well Ive read the predictions and you shock me with ur scores.we are all tranmere fans,i know things are not good but come on fellas we need to be positive,ok 1 win in what 18 games may not be good but lets make sure we get a draw here, Oldham are not very good either.lets keep a clean sheet if we can in the first half and see what happens.i know thats very optimistic but lets go for it.

15/2/2012
2:50pm

Status
Not open for further replies.