• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Nostalgia

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
J

Johnny King is God

We were having a chat at work about old football stickers - and I brought up cop - a - cards or 'copper cards'. I cant remember how it was spelt.

Nobody believed me they existed, so much so in fact I may be starting to doubt myself.

In the run up to Italia 90, does anyone remember these football cards, one for each member of the england squad, and all you had to do to get one was go up to a uniform policeman and say, can I have a cop a card...and they gave you one.

Please say someone remembers this, or it could be the start of a rapid descent into insanity!

S

sam miguel

My missus remembers them so you aren’t going mad, says it was something to do with making busies more approachable! :p

J

Johnny King is God

Well, it must have worked. I'm getting approached by them everytime I get in my car!

[boom boom]

Thanks mate. The relief!!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I remember Italia 90.. just :shock: but I don't remember these cards at all #-o

S

sam miguel

Johnny King is God said:
Well, it must have worked. I'm getting approached by them everytime I get in my car!!

She said they used to go up to a busy ask for a card, then run off shouting "W**KER" so I think its made a lasting impression on her as well!

The sad thing is she’s younger than me and I has a bit to old to collect footy cards at the time, probably more likely to be getting chased by a busy than asking them for footy cards :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
sorry can;t remember them I can remember some old sticker books I had though, can't remember them particular cards though lol :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
No can't remember cards... had some sticker books though around mid 90's. One football league one... with a full set of Tranmere players! :D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've got somewhere a a set of panini stickers which I bought from e-bay some time ago.

Included in the set:-

- Tony Thomas
- Kenny Irons
- Liam O'Brien
- John Aldridge
- Gary Bennett
- Pat Nevin
- The Squad
- Eric Nixon
- Ged Brannan
- Shaun Garnett
- John McGreal
- Gary Stevens
- Shaun Teale

I've got a spare set in great condition if anyone wants to to buy them.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I remember getting the football league saticker book one year and I never ever got a tranmere player except when they started going out of fashion i got pat nevin.

ahh memories.

J

Johnny King is God

i got the same set from ebay last year ian - great minds!

not got a bloody clue what to do with them though!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think I still have my Tranmere set and the sticker book, got some complete Premier league ones too. I remember at the end when they stopped selling stickers you had to send of for missing ones and they would send them to you.