• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Northwich Victoria v tranmere

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Good to see Ridehalgh and Gumbs back in action. Tollitt's presence suggests he is back down the pecking order again.

Player
aldo
Or just trying toget him out of his slump . He has fallen big time just needs a goal or a good run

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stockton presumably not over his operation yet. I thought we might see a stronger xi, with Williams, Sutton and DMH needing match time.

Player
Manager
John King
Stockton presumably not over his operation yet. I thought we might see a stronger xi, with Williams, Sutton and DMH needing match time.
We have got quite a hectic schedule of first team games coming up in the next two weeks. I doubt anyone involved tonight will feature in those matches.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We have got quite a hectic schedule of first team games coming up in the next two weeks. I doubt anyone involved tonight will feature in those matches.
I suppose it depends on whether anyone caught the eye and how many have plastic pitch issues with the Oxford replay coming up. At least we won, so will give the reserves some more competitive match time.

Player
aldo
we went tonight a few there . ben Tollitt played well had a couple good runs .franklin akk did ok took his goal well thompson did to good to see rides back and evan getting a game as well but ben Tollitt looked a little like his old self loads of running at northwich players and taking them on wonder if parky has got hold of him and told him how it is . he has gotta get his head around his injuries and get over it and move on or he will never be the same player again . at my sisters tonight they live 10 mins from the northwitch ground a good game and we won . now i cant wait for saturday see you all there up the whites

Player
Manager
John King
I am glad that Tollitt played well, but ultimately we have several other players more deserving of a first team place at the moment and at some point patience has to wear thin.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for the report, AM. How did Ridehalgh and Gumbs do on their returns and what sort of player is Thompson, not one I’d heard of tbh.

It would be great if Ben Tollitt could resurrect his Rovers career. He showed signs in the opening game at Stevenage, but since then has gone off the boil and had minimal
impact coming on as a sub v Oxford City last weekend. Don’t know enough about what goes on behind the scenes to say what’s gone wrong. Ben came across as a grounded individual during the great spell he had before his injury and now looks disinterested. Can only speculate what brought that about...

Player
aldo
Rides did ok but its first game back and looked like it . It just looked like he was getting through just to get the miles in his legs . Gumbs did ok had a few tackles and some decent passes . Thompson took his goal well seemed ok nothing special to write home abt franklin akk . Again had a few chances his one on one was clinical then missed a sitter suprised Williams didn't get a chance . Can only think he wont be kept on in jan

Reactions: Boz
Player
aldo
Have toagree with ben tollitt i think he needs to get away . Just lost his confidence a change might do him the world of good . Shame as he was great when he first came in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I feel it for Ben as he was flying but those nasty injuries have really affected him. I hope he finds his feet soon as he’s still only young.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I also went last night. Was good to see Rides back and he played a full 90 minutes. He started slowly as may be expected rarely getting forward but in the last 20 minutes he ventured forward much more often and at speed. From that I would say he isn't as far away from full match fitness as I would have expected after such a long lay off which is great news. Gumbs also lasted 90 minutes and looked solid enough at the back but was poor in terms of distribution with too many aimless punts up field. Ellis also started - I thought he wasn't great TBH and don't think he is likely to be pushing for a first team spot anytime soon based on that performance. Tollitt also had 90 minutes and was ok with some good runs where he beat his marker for pace but still doesn't look that confident and many runs fizzled out. For me needs to go out on loan as I don't see him making the bench at present. As to the others Franklyn scored a goal early on and had another good effort saved. He certainly does seem to have an eye for goal for sure. His close control is variable but he is fast and he did keep going for the whole 90 minutes albeit with a lot of encouragement from the bench. Of the youth players Passant in goal was partly at fault for their goal with a poor clearance but aside from that he made some good saves and also for a youth keeper was impressive in the air - going for and making several good punches in physical challenges. I think he has a lot of promise. Of the others Walker-Rice impressed the most. He was confident on the ball and the play maker in midfield. He certainly looks to me the youth player that looks most likely to progress to the first team squad. Finally Jacko told me Ryan Williams was injured in training which is why he did not play.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for the report ADD. Walker-Rice was a sub in the Solihull home game last season and scored a good goal in the pre-season friendly at Dunfermline, good that he's looking a decent prospect. Good that Akkamadu looked promising, it would be interesting to see him get another chance with the first team.

Player
Manager
John King
Thanks for the report, AM. How did Ridehalgh and Gumbs do on their returns and what sort of player is Thompson, not one I’d heard of tbh.

It would be great if Ben Tollitt could resurrect his Rovers career. He showed signs in the opening game at Stevenage, but since then has gone off the boil and had minimal
impact coming on as a sub v Oxford City last weekend. Don’t know enough about what goes on behind the scenes to say what’s gone wrong. Ben came across as a grounded individual during the great spell he had before his injury and now looks disinterested. Can only speculate what brought that about...
I don't think Tollitt looks disinterested at all. If anything he tries too hard, attempting to beat players when a simple pass is on,

He has massively lost confidence after his injuries, and probably some physical attributes as well. I am not sure how you can blame the coaching staff for his troubles. If anything, Mellon has given him too many chances.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think Tollitt looks disinterested at all. If anything he tries too hard, attempting to beat players when a simple pass is on,

He has massively lost confidence after his injuries, and probably some physical attributes as well. I am not sure how you can blame the coaching staff for his troubles. If anything, Mellon has given him too many chances.
On Saturday, he made few attempts to take on/beat players. There were one or two short passes, a nice cushioned header back to an attacking team-mate and good tracking back and tackle after losing the ball, which were positive, but little else.

I have not blamed the coaching staff for anything. Ben never struck me as a member of the awkward squad in his dealings with the media. His body language wasn't good when he came on v Oxford. Maybe it's mental health issues from the way his career hasn't developed due to the injuries, but something has gone wrong and I feel for him, given the way he hasn't been able to recapture that early promise and probably never will.

Player
Manager
John King
On Saturday, he made few attempts to take on/beat players. .
In a lot of his previous performances he has tried to dribble and beat players in the wrong areas, notably at Shrewsbury where he was substituted at half time. I still don't think lack of effort or enthusiasm is the issue.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You're better placed to comment, having seen more of BT recently than me, aside from Saturday, only seen Ben come on as a sub v Cheltenham. Maybe he was playing to instructions at the weekend.