• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

Player
ian goodison
bit of an over re-action I know but wouldn't blame mark & Nicola from cashing in on cbt cashing up then sodding off after some of the dogs abuse they have received, calmed down now

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm happy enough with the choice of Keith Hill as manager and think that it is very positive that Dawes and Parky have been retained as part of the management team. It seems a long 3 weeks since the vacancy was created and the fan base has probably got a little carried away in terms of the likely type of candidate we could attract or afford. Hill did a very good job at Rochdale where few people would doubt that the potential of the football club is less than Rovers'. My one slight fear is that he may have been too much of a "perfect fit" at Dale (aka Coleman at Accrington); however, all things considered, he didn't do a bad job at Barnsley. As has been already mentioned his foray at Bolton should be taken with a pinch of salt due to the circumstances - although he did manage to beat us in one of our most woeful performances of the last campaign. I actually thought Bolton looked pretty decent that day, not that they had too much to beat! Let's hope that our recent winning run, coupled with some ridiculous reaction to the appointment, doesn't mean the fan base have engineered a poisoned chalice for him. With 5 wins on the spin and a proven, experienced manager - all should be rosy!

Player
aldo
all we want is the same again, fast pressing attacking if they do that and we get a good result the ass hole fans who have been bang out of order will soon shut up, sticking to my guns positive and hungry for more 3-1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre

If you have a spare hour or so in lockdown here’s a funny interview with Steeeeve about his career including his ambition to manage us one day

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

If you have a spare hour or so in lockdown here’s a funny interview with Steeeeve about his career including his ambition to manage us one day
Steve has also given an interview to the Trip to the Moon podcast where he confirms that he was effectively 'retired' by Mellon after the 7-0 defeat to Tottenham. I think we all suspected that had happened at the time, but it was interesting to hear him confirm it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Steve has also given an interview to the Trip to the Moon podcast where he confirms that he was effectively 'retired' by Mellon after the 7-0 defeat to Tottenham. I think we all suspected that had happened at the time, but it was interesting to hear him confirm it.

yes I saw a bit of that. I don’t think Tottenham was his finest hour but he was up against Son from the start and they brought Kane on! A bit harsh to retire a league 2 defender on that. I guess in football ruthless decisions are made and despite their success at fleetwood and with us, Micky clearly thought he was past it.

reallt hope Steve gets a decent crack at coaching though. Hope Jacko gets back into football too

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It was proven to be the correct decision and young as it may have been.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Simon Grayson who was one of the outsiders for our job takes over at league 1 Fleetwood until the end of the season. He was linked with the Motherwell job which another one of candidates Graham Alexander got.

Player
ian goodison
grayson is one of those managers who whenever they fall off the managerial merry go round always seem to be back somewhere

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Paul Tisdale who was linked with our job is sacked by Bristol rovers with Keith curle who got Northampton promoted from L2 play offs last season, also fired.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Tisdale never struck me as a quick fix kind of manager and while Bristol Rovers form hasn't picked up since he took over, it seems very trigger-happy to get shot of him so early.

Northampton were a side who benefited from our demotion, so I'd be quite happy to see them drop straight back down. Curle's a solid if uninspiring L1/2 level manager and I wouldn't expect him to stay out of work for long.

Player
Manager
John King
It does seem daft to get rid of Tisdale so quickly, perhaps a reflection of the lack of knowledge of football at this level of Rovers' foreign owners.

I too am pleased and unsurprised to see Northampton struggling. Similarly, another team that should not have been promoted, Wycombe, are getting pummelled every week in the Championship, while Wimbledon are hovering deliciously close to the League One relegation places.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I can’t remember whether Ritchie wellens was linked with our job (probably not as he had taken Swindon up I think), but he has left money bags Salford after 5 months in charge by mutual consent. He won 11 and lost 9 but did win the pizza trophy for last season.
I wonder if they are going for a really big name or whether scholes fancies another crack at management.
Get your application in Ronnie!!

Player
Manager
John King
Ridiculous to sack him so soon.

They have now got rid of two of the most respected managers at this level in the space of five months.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ridiculous to sack him so soon.

They have now got rid of two of the most respected managers at this level in the space of five months.
Totally agree. He took Swindon up so has promotion experience and they should have given him until the end of the season at least. You wonder with all their money and status whether they think they are just entitled to be in the promotion shake up. Will be interesting who takes over.

Player
Manager
John King
Is there a danger they will come in for Hill ? Wellens was employed by Swindon when they poached him.

Hopefully he would have more sense anyway.

Player
ian goodison
I watch quest and the presenter who I like raves about Wycombe and their manager, then I remember they like Northampton should no way have been promoted I too love to see them both struggle

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Current favourite, for what its worth ( at 2/1 on), is Gary Bowyer, currently u23 coach at Derby County. Keith Hill not showing in the top 25 candidates