• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The downside of social media reats its ugly head, despite the odd error of judgement if they were to leave they will have left us in a much stronger position than they found us in not forgetting the help of PJ.

Just to clarify I dont think they will walk away & not should they.

Player
Ian Goodison
For me Keith Hill is a decent mid term thinking appointment,

Ian and Parky have done a sterling job during the last five games but i worry when the novelty wears off for the players (which it will) what happens when the team hits a bad patch are Ian and Parky experienced enough to turn things around. Currently they have the stick to beat the players that a new manager is on the horizon and you are playing for your futures etc..

Secondly does Ian actually want the job? If Keith Hill gets Tranmere promoted fantastic, if not Dawes and Parky are more than capable as caretakers.

Hopefully we will gain another five games of "new manager bounce"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree MancunianWhite. We have not seen any losses under Parky/Dawes but it would have happened as some point. I think MP did not want to risk another inexperienced man at the helm, which is fully understandable given our poor history of inexperienced managers. I feel it a bit for Hill who has had to take over when the going is good. I think a lot of the unnecessary comments towards his appointment are simply knee-jerk reactions from people who wanted Dawes in charge even in the short term.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree MancunianWhite. We have not seen any losses under Parky/Dawes but it would have happened as some point. I think MP did not want to risk another inexperienced man at the helm, which is fully understandable given our poor history of inexperienced managers. I feel it a bit for Hill who has had to take over when the going is good. I think a lot of the unnecessary comments towards his appointment are simply knee-jerk reactions from people who wanted Dawes in charge even in the short term.
You have to feel for Hill on a purely human level as well. Imagine starting in a new job and receiving that level of negativity and criticism from your customers before you have even sat at your desk.

Football is a strange world sometimes.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
How often does a new manager take over after a run of five victories? In the short term, he can't win. Let's hope that no matter what happens in the first few games, we give KH time to get his new team playing the way he wants. The abuse the Palioses have been getting from a minority of "fans" is totally ridiculous. The deal they have put in place for the season and beyond is brilliant.

Player
ian goodison
if as seems likely MP has to those interviewed dawes/parky stay fair play to them, to those who say the cowleys/cook should come you can bet written into their contract a clause allowing them to speak to other teams if certain situations arise so to me they could have been off as soon as a better option came along,

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
also, I have sent Nicky a tweet saying sorry to them they deserve better we all know they have made mistakes they are only human

Im hopeful that mark and Nicola will realise it’s a small minority of fans who unfortunately have the platform nowadays to vent their anger.

Water off a ducks back let’s hope.

drwhoman

It is amazing what some people will do on social media. They will jump on people or things at the drop of a hat. We can all rationalise about how it must reflect problems in their own lives but it can still be very stressful for the recipients. No comeback really without starting a verbal war. Just have to tune out I suppose. Go Mark and Nicola - you are doing a great job!

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Hill wouldn't have been my first choice I must admit but its softened by the deal offered to him, and also that Dawes and Parky are his assistants so you'd think 'more of the same'. He's the manager so we should all get behind him.

I've not seen the comments aimed and M&N but this sort of thing boils my piss. We have a minority of narrow minded supporters with very short memories who forget that without them both, we may be in a similar position as Macclesfield! I have nothing but respect for them and will be forever grateful for what they have done for my club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Near the top of hills to do list should be try and get CBT tied down to a new contract

Player
Manager
John King
Near the top of hills to do list should be try and get CBT tied down to a new contract
Yes, I agree but I can't see it happening.

He is miles better than League Two level and is starting to show consistency now. He is bound to get offers from clubs higher up the pyramid in the summer, and the only way I can see us holding on to him is if we are promoted. Even then it is unlikely.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yes, I agree but I can't see it happening.

He is miles better than League Two level and is starting to show consistency now. He is bound to get offers from clubs higher up the pyramid in the summer, and the only way I can see us holding on to him is if we are promoted. Even then it is unlikely.
If a decent offer came in for Corey this January..?

Player
Manager
John King
If a decent offer came in for Corey this January..?
Palios did not sell Norwood in similar circumstances two years ago, so I suppose it depends whether the hierarchy believe we can win promotion without him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Palios did not sell Norwood in similar circumstances two years ago, so I suppose it depends whether the hierarchy believe we can win promotion without him.
Norwood was an easier call imo, probably the main man in the team and we needed his goals. Blackett-Taylor has made a difference since coming back and he is a cut above L2, but can be kept quiet. I’d prefer to keep him but depends on our circumstances at the time any offer comes in.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree about Norwood, but I am not sure anyone has kept CBT quiet since Dawes took over. He rips teams apart at this level.

He was having a breather in the second half yesterday, like the majority of the players, plus he still is not fully match fit yet.

ADD

Player
Norwood
CBT will be even more effective now we can use 5 subs for rest of this season since he can go full pelt for 60 minutes knowing that we can always substitute him irrespective. Last season he was far too much hit and miss but at his best I totally agree he is way better than L2. Agree we will not be able to keep hold of him but we will offer him a new contract and so get something from him as under 24 but yes MP may be tempted to cash in in January depending on how the League is looking by then.