• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

ADD

Player
Norwood
Unsure about this one too, but as he's now in post I'll back him. Hill also has promotions on his record, but unsure about this extension if you get promotion deal. What if we do well, make the play-offs, but fall short? It might be better keeping a manager under those circumstances.
Well he can always offer him an extension anyway of course Boz but frankly play offs is absolutely minimum with this squad now..

Player
Aldo
I've got to say I feel really sorry for Dawes , I am not sure what more he could have done, they have gone from 5-0 defeat to 5-0 win in the space of a 4 weeks. He was won every game and they have play some of the best football I have seen at PP in a good while. The skillful players are getting on the ball and showing their stuff, Cory is an enigma, clearly he has the ability to play at a much higher level and he was beginning to show some consistency. Skillful players like Kahn and Morris are starting to flourish. For Tranmere to establish themselves at a higher level we have got to start producing and developing talent. In the last few weeks we have been seeing the signs of that.
Rochdale under Hill always impressed me with their passing football so I think that the appointment should work, its also good that they kept Dawes on.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Like all Tranmere fans, I am glad Dawes and Parkinson are staying, what they have achieved over the last few week has been remarkable. Now we have Hill then we all have to get behind him and hope that he succeeds and earns a contract for another season,

drwhoman

I cannot say that I am wildly excited. Why change a winning formula? Hill will have to continue to deliver what Dawes has started. There might be a few players wondering why they now need him. Still, they are professionals and will have to get on with it. It will help if Dawes makes it clear to them that he is happy with the decision.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hill was appointed before today's game do today's result had no bearing on the appointment

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What will be interesting is how Dawes deals with taking a step back to a position as assistant. Hill admitted that not much needs changing and I just hope Dawes positive nature in terms of tactics and how he comes across isn’t knocked back down, although hill has said he likes attacking football etc

All sorts of nonsense on social media but I’ll support him 100% and as I said earlier, Dawes may not have even wanted the number one job permanently

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What will be interesting is how Dawes deals with taking a step back to a position as assistant. Hill admitted that not much needs changing and I just hope Dawes positive nature in terms of tactics and how he comes across isn’t knocked back down, although hill has said he likes attacking football etc

All sorts of nonsense on social media but I’ll support him 100% and as I said earlier, Dawes may not have even wanted the number one job permanently
Some idiotic comments on twitter.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've not looked at twitter, but think some unrealistic expectations about the type of manager we could bring in. Maybe Adkins was sounded out, but aside from him, if we weren't looking at giving Dawes/Parky the job permanently then it was always going to be a boss with L2 experience and some promotions on their cv. Hill's Bolton origins and brief stint managing them will count against him in some eyes, but most fans will judge him on how he does with us.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Talking of Twitter Bigmart apparently NP tweeted disparaging comments along the lines of "only Tranmere fans could react like this"... since deleted.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Who knows if he's the right man. Only time will tell but let's hope we continue in the same vain as today's football was excellent and some of the best I've seen for a while. The team is really clicking now and if Hill, Dawes and Parky gel well, we could really do something this season. We have an excellent group of players at this level.

Twitter is a rancid breading ground for idiots and keyboard warriors. Get behind the lads and the manager! SWA!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Every manager is Marmite to some fans. Forget the Bolton connection. He’s a Bolton lad and fan, but after the way he was treated by that club, he’ll enjoy every minute when we beat them this season.

Player
aldo
have seen some of the ( sorry shit ) on twitter they are not our fans just stupid fools with nothing to do. in Hil we trust

drwhoman

Who knows if he's the right man. Only time will tell but let's hope we continue in the same vain as today's football was excellent and some of the best I've seen for a while. The team is really clicking now and if Hill, Dawes and Parky gel well, we could really do something this season. We have an excellent group of players at this level.

Twitter is a rancid breading ground for idiots and keyboard warriors. Get behind the lads and the manager! SWA!!
I agree entirely Ian particularly the last para. The medium of choice for the worst President in US history who would be Putin given half a chance.

Player
ian goodison
they aren’t perfect but after everything the Palios have done for our club, people should be ashamed of their Twitter comments
trouble is SPARKY with todays obsession with twitter/social media etc some people wouldn't know what the meaning of the word ashamed is, mark & Nicola may not have got everything right since they took over but it doesn't bear thinking were we would be without them, they must be shaking their heads.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I do think that there have been one or two errors of judgement from
Mark and Nicola recently, not that it provides an excuse for Twitter abuse of any kind. In particular having raised the prospect of legal action over the demotion, they never confirmed that they weren’t pursuing that line. The other recent season ticket announcement was misjudged and they had to do something of a Boris Johnson style u turn. On the Hill appointment, did wonder if it might have been better leaving it until today or Monday and letting Dawes and Parky have a final time basking in their success, but on reflection that might not have been a workable option.