• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

Player
ian goodison
I know we have all heard the phrase lost the dressing and I know we have got a full strength team (bar 1/2) which jacko didn,t have but the turnaround is fantastic glad I,m not MP

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What is interesting is that Dawes has never said he wants the job. Some of that may be being modest but some guys don’t want the responsibility.

Im sure he’ll be asked in the post match interview but he’ll answer it like he did last time

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Peter O'Rourke, who is generally accurate, has Tweeted that it is Keith Hill. He was at the game today apparently.

Don't quote me, I am just repeating the rumours.

drwhoman

There can only be one decision if he wants the job. The players made a statement today.if he wants the job....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dont know why wants Hill ahead of Dawes,
Yes if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it. Although it was only 5 games. I just hope Dawes can be kept on as number 2 and Hill clearly sees the success we’ve had and carries it on

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fairly low risk given the contract

Due to the uncertainties caused by Covid-19, Keith’s appointment is initially to the end of the season, with an automatic 12 month extension in the event of promotion

Player
Manager
John King
Ironic that we nearly appointed him in 2009 when Barnes was sacked, but he would not come because he couldn't bring his assistant with him.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Underwhelming if I am honest in many ways as is is effectively an interim manager dressed up as because of COVID but fair dos the financial risk is extremely low and Dawes gets to stay which I think is the least he deserves plus it sounds as if Parky will remain more involved with the first team which is nice for him also.
Can't be many Managers taking on a team on a run like this...
ps Assume Hunt wouldn't accept it was only a rest of the season deal unless promotion is achieved.

Player
Manager
John King
It is possible that Hurst would not work with Dawes and wanted to bring his own assistant, Chris Doig.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unsure about this one too, but as he's now in post I'll back him. Hill also has promotions on his record, but unsure about this extension if you get promotion deal. What if we do well, make the play-offs, but fall short? It might be better keeping a manager under those circumstances.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A very shrewd appointment. An experienced manager with a good pedigree in this league. But if we don’t get promotion, he goes. Dawes and Parky stay, so no more redundancies and we get continuity. And if Hill fails, we know who could take over. A very clever bit of business. Brilliant!!

Player
Manager
John King
The appointment has not gone down well with a lot of people due to his Bolton connection, but that is irrelevant to me.

In his favour, his Rochdale sides always played passing football, which will suit this group of players. Two promotions from this division with Dale, albeit a while ago now.