• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next TRFC Manager

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
What is it with us and ex-Shrewsbury managers!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems that Hurst has turned us down and we are getting our number two choice, Keith Hill.....

Disappointed, although Hill has had success in the past.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seems a bit odd. Last minute change of mind?!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would take Hill as plenty worse. I guess perhaps Palios interviewed hurst and even if impressed, many factors will impact on whether the manager takes the job. Salary, promotion clauses, budget, whether he has to keep Dawes on etc.
Hills record is decent at our level

ADD

Player
Norwood
He won't be at the game if he has not accepted the job.
Sorry I was actually referring to your earlier post when you said "yes at the game today apparently"so does that mean he met MP today and then it fell apart on last minute contract stuff? Not great that...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe the 'apparently' bit means it was just rumour, not confirmed.

Player
Manager
John King
Sorry I was actually referring to your earlier post when you said "yes at the game today apparently"so does that mean he met MP today and then it fell apart on last minute contract stuff? Not great that...
Perhaps I should have said 'due at the ground today'. I was not suggesting that he turned up at the ground and then left.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Whoever comes in is going to have a tough first test on Tuesday as Carlisle in good form at the moment

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’ll believe we have a manager only when it’s on the OS. I can’t believe the number of twists and turns in this process. I still wouldn’t bet against Dawes. ;)

Player
Manager
John King
I’ll believe we have a manager only when it’s on the OS. I can’t believe the number of twists and turns in this process. I still wouldn’t bet against Dawes. ;)
I am not sure I will even believe it then BBTC !

If it s a choice between Hill and Dawes, I would not mind Dawes to be honest.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I am not sure I will even believe it then BBTC !

If it s a choice between Hill and Dawes, I would not mind Dawes to be honest.
Same, given the choice and the fact we are now 3-0 and on such a run, leave him in charge for me! Underwhelmed by Keith Hill and Paul Hurst despite either track record.....

Player
aldo
I agree give Daws and Parky the job be stupid not to do so. if someone does come in and it goes tits up they and Palios will look like tw%ts, the players are playing for him and its clear to see