• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next Tranmere manager

drwhoman

This appointment has some positives although appointing any new Manager is a risk. As has been said he will know the players and will have a pretty good handle on who might stay and who might positively add to the squad. On the Indonesians, it is no surprise that their former national coach was mentioned but he would have been a huge risk with no experience in England.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
let's hope we don't have loads of Thrillers!!!!!!. let,s get behind him support the lads and see what next season brings. he knows the club inside out knows the player's let's give him a chance
Yeah, but hope it's not too Bad! Seriously, if Mark and Nicola rate him, he gets my vote. He deserves a chance and the continuity could be crucial.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Don’t think it was mentioned ADD. I’m guessing Jacko didn’t want to follow Micky and with the current climate, it may just be a rolling 12 month deal which makes it less of a financial risk for Palios.

I still think some of the big names like cook and Coleman wouldn’t have come. Adkins May be enjoying retirement as his success was a long time ago. As for Other names like fowler, Barry or McGreal, personally I’d prefer Jacko for all the reasons palios stated
Yes, of the other serious contenders, I don't think there was an outstanding candidate. If we are going to take a relative gamble on an inexperienced manager, I would rather it was somebody known by the chairman and with knowledge of the club, than someone like Barry.