• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next Tranmere manager

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Clough would be my preference but does not seem to be in the running unfortunately.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Another day, another favourite emerges for the TRFC job. What's going on? How do the bookies set their odds? Who is tipping them off?

Robbie Fowler? Surely not. I had just got used to Anthony Barry and now this. My guess is that Mark is working his way through his short-list and every new candidate interviewed becomes the favourite. ;)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My guess would be that the betting odds are pretty meaningless, with the exception perhaps of someone like Barry. It will be such a small market that virtually any bet placed will cause the odds to narrow markedly, and a lot of the names are the generic ones that are always linked to our manager position (Fowler, Adkins).

Player
aldo
what do you think of Sol Campbell? when you think his two jobs have been with huge constraints and piss poor teams, he has cut his teeth in the hardest way and with Andy Cole, he would bring in, we would have two big people in and I think he would love to work with not having his hands tied to much. in the big scheme of things he did not do a bad job with macc or Southend when you consider what he walked into i think it could be a good go

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
what do you think of Sol Campbell? when you think his two jobs have been with huge constraints and piss poor teams, he has cut his teeth in the hardest way and with Andy Cole, he would bring in, we would have two big people in and I think he would love to work with not having his hands tied to much. in the big scheme of things he did not do a bad job with macc or Southend when you consider what he walked into i think it could be a good go
Not for me.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think the Macc fans weren’t convinced by Sol Campbell, despite their survival, though don’t know the full story. Doesn’t strike me as a manager who builds any rapport with the fans.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Could be worse...
Ive seen posted on another forum that we should bring Fowler in so big bad Parry will leave us alone.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think the Macc fans weren’t convinced by Sol Campbell, despite their survival, though don’t know the full story. Doesn’t strike me as a manager who builds any rapport with the fans.
I'm ambivalent about Sol Campbell. He is rich enough to retire and doesn't need the cash or the hassle. I'm not sure why he is doing it. Perhaps he's trying to prove a point. I think he did reasonably with few resources and deserves a chance at a better managed club. I'm not sure how well he would fit at Rovers, where we prefer people who identify with the fans, as Boz says.

drwhoman

Sol Campbell has just been at Southend? Would he be truly committed or would it be a hobby with a free bit of publicity for him? I cannot see him being appointed. Mark will be well aware of his situation.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we can trust MP not to make this decision.

drwhoman

Just to show the current financial absurdity in English football, Wigan's annual payroll is apparently 19m per annum. If Sunderland and Portsmouth are anywhere near that then it is easy to understand their lack of support for a salary cap!

Player
aldo
and they will be very close to it. and it's not only Wigan all the champ teams are doing the same overspending and loads on the brink. it's crazy to put your self in the position just to get to the prem cus they will have to overspend there to like Fulham did the other year they spent over£100m and still got relegated then had huge wages to keep up with and not enough money coming in. give me lower LG football where the lads play to put food on the table and join in with the fans when they achieve something. rather than the millions, the others get and don,t care for the fans or the clubs

ADD

Player
Norwood
AM you can lead a horse to water....
Sadly though if you do not overspend you are destined never to get to the Premiership... so those with an ego and with money always will...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
. so those with an ego and with money always will...
Or those with an ego with no money too! A lot of these clubs are spending money they simply haven’t got.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dean Keates the latest rumoured to have applied. He’s come up the bookies odds which isn’t definitive but wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. He failed miserably at Walsall and didn’t the set the world alight in his second spell at Wrexham.

Clint Hill May have been embroiled with the allegations that a member of the Fleetwood Coaching staff made a racist remark to akinfenwa. If true you wonder who it may have been with Mangan there too. James Wallace is the chief scout - fleetwood clearly a home for scousers with Barton at the helm.

Player
aldo
when you see teams who have half-full stadiums ripping fans off and overspending twice the amount of money they are bringing in its sheer madness. the fact they're saying the Wigan,s new owner had bets on them to go down and he sees putting them in admin will do it is shocking. it Also makes and we all know this it makes the EFL Again LOOK EVEN MORE STUPID AND INCOMPETENT THEY ALREADY ARE. and we all know they will never change