• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next Tranmere manager

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't really want to be disrespectful to Micky by starting this thread so early, but we probably need it.

There are some reasonable candidates around, but I have not really got a clue which ones would be a good fit for the club.

Robbie Fowler is currently third favourite with Sky Bet (lol). More realistic options are Hurst, Tisdale, Clough, McGreal, Challinor......

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking back at Tranmere managers since Dave Russell, by and large most of the internal appointments and ex-players have had a degree of success. Most of those with no previous connection with the club have not done well. Just a thought.

Player
Manager
John King
I suppose Bryan Hamilton and Brian Little bucked that trend, at least to an extent.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Betvictors top ten:

McGreal, Clint Hill, Fowler, Tisdale, Adkins, Clough, Keith Hill, Nolan, Sheridan , Unsworth

And a couple of outsider shots on Moore, Brabin, Pulis, Scholes, Mclaren the list goes on.. :D

drwhoman

Fowler has been out here managing the Brisbane team. He did not stay long. Probably a better bet than Barnes and McAteer but I would not be happy if he got the job! The last thing we want is a high profile Manager. It does not make for a good club atmosphere, particularly as Fowler never played at L!/L2 level.

Player
aldo
clough or Keith hill. fowler would be a fowl up and I'm not too sure on McGreal. if it was Tisdale at least the youth should get some sort of look in he is good at that. but I think if it's not from within then it could be either one of the first two names I put down

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
There seem to be more potential candidates than would normally be available which is good news for us. I entirely trust MP's judgement on this one; he has now made the mistakes and will have the nous to use his experiences to good effect. I'm confident he'll balance the financial cost, coaching ability, man-management, footballing contacts, charisma, experience, knowledge of the club, etc. etc. and arrive at the right appointment. No doubt there will be dissenters, but I'm more optimistic that we're in a position to get this recruitment right than I have been at any time previously.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Kind of went how I thought it would. They’ve had lots of interest including from ex players. They want a speedy decision but won’t rush it. Just have to wait and see but McGreal currently the bookies favourite

Player
Manager
John King
I think I would prefer Clough or Tisdale of the names that have been mentioned. I don't know how realistic either of them are.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This is certainly one of the most important tasks any owner has and probably the most difficult. I thought Adams and Brabin were great choices when they were appointed. All we can do is cross fingers and pray. ;)

Player
Manager
John King
I have just been told that Tim Cahill is being interviewed.

An interesting one.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have just been told that Tim Cahill is being interviewed.

An interesting one.
Indeed. He certainly knows the area from his time at Everton. He will have a lot of contacts in the game in England and abroad. He talks well as a pundit. I liked him as a player. But no experience of L2 and a rookie manager, so quite a risk. However, he might be worth it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Forest and Celtic after Corey a few in the region of £300k + sell on being quoted on another site, ellis, Jennings and mccullough all likely to leave so throw in Manny then looks like s.big rebuild on the cards.