• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Next Season

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ok so 3 more points on Friday night should see us safe this season....so when should we start looking towards next season?? I understand loads of players are out of contract in the summer anyone have any ideas which ones?

I think back to the season before last and we had all our players wrapped up before the end of the season which then lead onto a very successfull campaign. I reckon we should do the same again, so we have everybody we want reporting for pre-season on day one!!

What's people's thoughts??

J

Johnny King is God

Fortunately this time we wont have all our good payers raided by top clubs - as to be frank - we dont seem to have any!

With the possible exeption of Roberts we should keep a tight ship over the summer.

I agree we should pick up players as early as possible.

DixieDean

i have no faith in Brian so don't really think it will make a difference what he does or when he does it. Sorry to sound so negative, but that's how i feel. We will be handed yet more boring drivel next season until we can no longer gain promotion and then Brian will become "brave" and play attacking football. CRAZY!

As long as he manages to keep Greenacre, his goals alone should at least help us avoid the drop next season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think given 3 points on Friday we could then start looking towards next season... although I do believe we are already looking at new players for next season. I do agree that we should tie up contracts and sign new players before pre-season training starts with the exception of any bargains that may be had after.

M

Matthew The Rover

I thnk if we get three points on Friday we should start looking up the league this season. There will still be eight games left - that's 24 points. IF we can get 21 or more points we could be in with a massive chance of the play-offs this season, nevermind next. One team always comes from the pack. Here's hoping

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't see it Matthew... If we won every game from now til the end of the season we would still struggle to get in the play offs... it would take a lot of results for teams above us to go our way. I think the only team outside the top 6 that are consistent enough to get into the top 6 now are Oldham... having said that they have just been beaten 2-0 by Rotherham I think.

M

Matthew The Rover

They have. I know it is unlikely we will get the play-offs but we should still have a good go at it. You never know.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes I agree we should still give it a go... while its possible mathmatically we should still be going for it. Although we should always be trying to win no matter what position we are in.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
may as well give it a go, I'd rather say our wins are getting us to the play-offs than saying our wins are helping us survive relegation.

Knowing Brian and Lorraine, I think we'll let good players go. I.e Roberts.
And we'll get no names from League 2.

If she dips her hands in her pocket we can get a few good players there.

And PLEASE in pre-seson, SIGN them dont LOAN them!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I dont know whats going tio happen but I would welcome new faces into the squad and keep some of our bigger players. Hopefully some new quality players come in and we can push but my faith in that happening is low because the I have very little faith in Little

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I really don't get it sometimes. I think we've a few gaps in the squad, but who hasn't? Do the backroom staff whatch tapes of games of other teams in League 1? We've proven against some quality sides in the last few weeks that we can win and win comfortably, yet still there doesn't seem to be any continuity.

At the moment I don't have much faith for next season unless some big changes are made. We do need to look at the success of some of our loan signings and see if that is in fact the way to go next season, or do we need more security? I'd like to know what you all think?

:lol: :lol:

Player
Morrisey
I understand where you are coming from and from time to time have had the same thoughts as you but at the moment I think that we should try to stick with the manager for at least another season. At TRFC we seem to always change managers after fairly short stints maybe this time we should give him one more season. IF he was to go before next season, then I think he should go now so that preparation can take place.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
NBDH, You are coorect but we win a game and everyone loves him again.

He is too negetive I don't like him,we need someone new, positive and powerful.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can see Super White Army's point... we do seem to only give managers short stints and maybe this time we should just leave it as it is for a little while longer. It's a tough decision because if we start off next season really badly and we may well do then he will get the sack and then we may as well of got rid earlier. I've changed my mind on whether he should stay or go a lot and at the moment I am undecided. Sometimes I think he needs to go and the next I think maybe we should give him another season.

M

Matthew The Rover

I want him to stay for the remainder of the season minimum but depending on our finish this season (if we got seven wins!) I'd probably want him out