• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Newport County v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Newport were one of the poorer sides to visit PP, when they drew 0-0 back in September. However, they went on a very good run after that and despite losing their last four games are still in a play-off slot. However, manager Justin Edinburgh has fled to Gillingham and their lottery-winner chairman is cutting back on bank-rolling the club, so all not well in SE Wales. Enter Rovers...

It will be interesting to see what, if any, changes Micky will make to the side after the Carlisle debacle. It does seem as though the manager believes that we didn't play that badly last Saturday, which seems in contrast to what's been posted here. Ihiekwe remains out, so while there would be an option to play a back 3 with Ridehalgh, MA doesn't appear to rate Liam that much and I would suspect he'll stick with a back four. While I can see an argument for replacing Power with Laird, it wouldn't surprise me if we had the same starting line-up as Carlisle. Though I would hope that Donnelly is played up front rather than pushed out wide.

Prediction: Despite their poor run, Newport's home form is decent. Don't see us getting more than a point here.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is difficult to make predictions about this game given the current uncertainty at Newport. Will the confirmation of Edinburgh's departure galvanise their players or are they just rudderless at the moment ? Either way, I expect we will play better than Saturday, and the Exeter game shows we are capable of getting a result tomorrow.

I think we will start with the same personnel as against Carlisle and probably still in a 4-3-3. We really need to pick up a point from this one.

Player
Liam Palmer
I think MA really wants to play 352, but given injuries to Ihiekwe and Holness he'll be stuck with a back four. It'll probably be the same starting line-up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a place for Humey, maybe at the expense of Molyneux in a 442:
OFW
Holmes Dugdale Thompson Taylor
JMW Power Jennings Donnelly
Hume Odejayi

Mind you, that looks a bit attacking..... Who knows?

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
We will probably beat Newport, however all the team around us will also pick up points. Then we will draw / lose against York and Cheltenham...seems the way we do it these days! Or am I being too facetious?!

On a more serious note, in terms of the team I would expect the same 11 that started against Exeter and Carlisle. Maybe save Hume for the last 25-30 minutes. I think we need to stick with an 11 to allow the player to gel and learn each others game more. Hopefully three points in the bag!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
would happily take a draw but think we will lose 2 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0 win.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Disappointing to concede so late on, but a good point. In the end, we could not quite withstand their second half aerial bombardment by the sound of it. The second half was horrible to listen to but we battled manfully. Donnelly's goal was apparently very good and most of the other results went ok for us.

On to a massive game at Bootham Crescent........

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
disappointing not able to hold onto the lead but would've settled for that before the game, we really need to start to keep some clean sheets if we are to pull away from the bottom 2.

Saturday is a massive game now

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded like we were being battered in the second half, so suppose we should be thankful for the point. Late goals for Shrewsbury and a Luton fight-back make things a little better than they could have been. Danny Holmes off injured too.