• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New pricing structure

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Details about the new prices for the 07/08 season. Taken from the official site:

Tranmere Rovers have announced two new Adult categories of Coca-Cola League One match prices for the 2007-08 season in addition to the basic match prices announced in March.

Matches against Leeds United, Oldham Athletic, Nottingham Forest and Carlisle United will be Category A due to the increased cost of staging the fixtures (eg policing and stewarding).

Matches against Bournemouth, Cheltenham Town, Leyton Orient and Port Vale will be Category C while the remaining 15 fixtures will be unchanged.

Only adult admission prices are affected. Seniors, Young Persons and Juniors remain the same admission prices as the 2006-07 season.

Match categories until 31st December 2007 are confirmed, while those from 1st January 2008 are subject to change
from 2006-07 as Category B (the standard prices). Adult admission prices will be as follows:

Main Stand
Category A £21
Category B £18
Category C £15

Paddocks & Borough Road
Category A £19
Category B £16
Category C £13

Kop Stand
Category A £18
Category B £15
Category C £12

Cowshed Stand (away supporters)
Category A £19.50
Category B £16.50
Category C £13.50

The Club will be announcing special offers on individual games, or groups of games at a later date. Adult suite admission prices will be as follows:

Tranmere Suite
Category A £28
Category B £25
Category C £22

Vice Presidents' Suite
Category A £33
Category B £30
Category C £27

Dixie Dean Suite
Category A £41
Category B £38
Category C £35

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Having a season ticket, it doesnt realy effect me that much but I suppose it's the fairest way to do things. Increased costs for Stewards/Police etc need to be paid for.

However, I must admit, ?21.00 for the main stand does seem rather excessive.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm likely to only make a few games this season anyway.
Why is the Carlisle game in the most expensive category, can't imagine they'll bring loads.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not sure I understand the logic here. Yes, we'll need more police/stewards for Forest and Leeds but there will be a much bigger attendance (home and away supporters), so that would pay for it. Sounds like just another way to get more money.

Agree that charging more for Carlisle makes no sense. It'll just reduce the gate.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm concerned it will deter supporters paying on the turnstiles. £18, £19 and £21 for the stands seems a tad excessive for watching division one football. has this been implemented at any other grounds?

Player
Morrisey
Well I see the logic. If you pick your games evenly then you pay the same as usual. If you just pick the more attractive games then LR takes more money from you. As a 'young person' :-D it does not affect me but my dad will pay full whack and doesn't have a problem. There will be some people who can only make certain games with out picking which ones because of other commitments (my dad) and it seems a little harsh but out of the 'A' games I can only see Carlisle being lowly attended. Why is it 'A'?

Player
Goodison
charging for Carlisle does actually make sense, becasue they will bring a big following like they did last year - It wasnt just a one off, they do genuniely bring big away crowds. Ok the home crowd might not be very big, but the away one will be. So they will need to cover the costs of extra stewards etc.