• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Manager

Which of these most appeal as the new manager?

• Total voters

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
Doesnt seem to have a topic so i'll start one.
Personally id like to see macca with the job till christams then look at the situation then.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think what we really need short term is someone to come in and give the squad a shake up and I think someone like Peter Reid who is still really passionate about grass roots football would be perfect for us.

And I wouldn't imagine a pairing of him with Macca as assistant would be a bad idea either. The whole youth & experience mix.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
While I am sure Mr Garnett will be manager of a league club one day, it's just not the time yet. Much more experience needed, although there is no doubting his work ethic.

Peter Reid is a logical choice although my concern would be over his wages. We've been stung hard by Little's wages over the past few years and presumably also the cost of paying him off to get rid. Wouldn't want a repeat of that situation.

I'd love Ronnie Moore to come back, or Ray Mathias, but I think there's probably more chance of Jason McAteer winning a spelling competition than either of them returning to work under Lorraine.

So, I've voted for Peter Reid.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Hmm, I'm not convinced we'll actually get one. I reckon we're stuck with McAteer. On the basis that he's not the sharpest tool in the box, I'm not convinced this summer will see us procure much talent to improve the squad. Can't Sven come in after the world cup?

Player
Morrisey
Ried for me! He will attract players to the club! who ever it ios it needs to be sorted soon, However it needs to be the right choice!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
For some reason, I don't think Reid is interested.
I'm going for Ronnie Moore so I voted other.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I voted Reid but don't really know if he is interested. If McAteer can pull off what he says he can then I wouldn't mind him being given a chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's interesting to see some mention McAteer in a positive light. I don't understand why though.

I'm worried that McAteer has learned to much off Little. He has no experience and just doesn't seem mature enough to manage a squad of players.

Does anyone else have this lack of confidence in his ability as a manager or am I being a bit too harsh?

Ohh, yeah, and the curse of the white review logo strikes again. Looks like I'll be replacing Roberts and Little soon! :roll:

Ally

Player
Aldo
Yes, yes, and yes. Can't we woo David Pleat? He'd be great.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just to add a bit of variety, how about Roy McFarland? Those of you too young to remember him missed seeing Rovers' best ever defender. He was stolen from us by Brian Clough when he was manager of Derby and then went on to win a League Championship medal and several caps for England.

He's got a lot of experience managing in the lower leagues. This year his Chesterfield team with half of them Tranmere rejects finished higher than us and were up near the play-offzone for a while.

With a bit of extra cash and support he might do better with Rovers - and he might be affordable.

Ally

Player
Aldo
I think Danny Wilson might be on his way to PP for an interview with Lozzer and the board fairly soon...

S

Seanyb

How about Joe Royle? Been sacked today, might be a worthwhile choice.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Royle is a good shout... but Ipswich fans don't seem to keen on him. As for Danny Wilson I think he is a good manager and we could certainly do worse.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
joe royle but not wilson. he has just been relegated. at least little kept us up. mind you by going down, so did he.

i woldn't be bothered if we went for an old type of manager i.e royle,reid,danny wilson,gary peters.however i do feel it's time to go for an up and coming manager with a bit of enthusiasm and a will to do well.eg McAteer and ned! i'd prefer ned but if maca gets the nod then i won't be too dissapointed.i think maca or ned will make mistakes(there bound to) but how many did brian make?and how experienced is he?it's interesting to hear maca talk about bringing in rioch,i think that would work although his bolton connections won't go down well! whoever we get,he's got his work cut out to fix the mess brian has left us with!

just one other name to throw into the hat - Gary McCallister.