• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Keeper...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think we are going to sign Gavin Ward from Preston on loan until the end of the season. He will sign before Dino goes back to Luton. Thats what i've heard anyway.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ah no i like dino.

ah well hopefully we can sign dino back.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we need to resign ourselves to the fact that Dino is going and we need to hunt for a new keeper for the short term. I can't face the prospect of having Wilson back in goal. #-o

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm fairly sure we cannot now sign Dino again this season... but I think this Gavin Ward is pretty certainly going to sign in the next week or two. Although I wouldn't say 100%. Maybe Dino will sign in Summer as I can't see us offering Willo another contract.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

No to Wilson but I do feel we can try and get Dino to the end of the season if we can but if not I would welcome Gavin Ward, he's a very experienced Goalkeeper

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think Wilsons a waste of wages we should release him and start to bring Palethorpe up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gavin Ward!! No....

Player
John Aldridge
And our new keeper is........

And the winner is Matt Murray of Wolves. Interesting to see also that Dino is out of contract at the end of the season

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Official Site

How sick is it that this signing hasn't even been posted on the oficial site but you can get it on loads of other sites.

The club site is rubbish!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Phantom of Prenton said:
And the winner is Matt Murray of Wolves. Interesting to see also that Dino is out of contract at the end of the season

Haha, yes! Thankgod it wasn't Ward.
Rightio, who is this guy!? #-o

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Who said we were almost certainly signing Gavin Ward??? :whistle: :lol:

J

jonnysack

Ian said:
Haha, yes! Thankgod it wasn't Ward.
Rightio, who is this guy!? #-o

Wolves fan here, just to let you know that Matt Murray is a top class keeper that would be playing in the premiership now if it wasnt for his shocking injury record. He was outstanding in the season wolves got promoted and has been pretty much injured since then. I hope he plays well for you lot and his recovery continues, as if he can maintain fitness he will be the automatic choice for the number 1 shirt at Wolves, infact he will probably get bought by a premiership club:roll:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Hope he is as good as i've heard and that he stays injury free. Thanks for the loan. Hope we get him back to you in one piece!

Player
Morrisey
Watched him once playing in a friendly against Hereford a few years back! he looked very competent for a (then) 21 year old. He was stopping shots every where and I know it was only against Hereford but I was ionpressed! I think this is a good signing!

M

Matthew The Rover

Even Wilson kicks better than Murray judging by Saturday

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Give him a bit more time.... It was only his first game. Anyway we seem to always have keepers who can't kick! I mean Dino couldn't kick either like most of the keepers we have had. On the other aspects of his game I think he should be given more time.

M

Matthew The Rover

Joe_TRFC said:
Give him a bit more time.... It was only his first game.

Different situation for Wilson though wasn't it when he got in the team

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm. The problem with Wilson is that he just doesn't give me any confidence. From what I saw, I hope to never see him in between the sticks again. At least Murray is young and seem willing to prove himself having been given a chance. Anyone else sad to see Dino go?