• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

new fan park

Player
aldo
so a microbrewery and a soundproof area and increased capacity will be good to hear about the plans is anyone going to see the plans tomorrow,

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sounds very good actually.

Player
aldo
give us all the feed back please as some of us are back in the kitchen at last yay I am so happy

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
The club has wanted a facility where the capacity is over a hundred for years. Seeing that the fans will be only in there on match days, if it was for fans only, are the club or the trust be hiring the 'fan park'out for special occasions, meetings, etc?
There was talk in the kop a few years ago about knocking down Aldos and replacing it with a bar/pub.
What is wrong with Aldos? It was erected over a hundred years ago, many people have celebrated in there. So many good pre and post match drinks. It's got good atmosphere, the toilets seldom work and its always freezing in December and January and February. It's got a lot of memorabilia in there.
I hope that they get this right. A lot of the club's big plans have yet to be started.

Do they have planning permission and a license for selling alcohol?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is going to be sited in the far corner of the car park, so the existing facilities would be unaffected. Yes, the new fan park would be able to generate non-matchday income.

There will be a permanent micro brewery selling German craft beers (spoke to some off the staff today who were authentically German) and I sampled the ale which is decent. The existing beers will also be available.

I personally think this is an amazing venture, and I doubt there is a comparable supporter facility at any other club in the country, at any level.

Player
Manager
John King
Nicola has said that the structure could also be relocated to a new stadium in the event of a ground move.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Watched the video and must say very impressed with what is being proposed.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This looks like an upmarket craft beer outfit based down south (currently just three sites in London) who are looking to expand. https://www.germankraftbeer.com/ It could be a great coup for the club. I am really pleased they haven't just sold out to the likes of Heineken or Guinness. If they can keep the quality up, provide a variety for all tastes, charge a reasonable price and get a licence to operate all week and all year, it is sure to be a success. It is so unusual that it will attract beer fans from miles around.

Player
Manager
John King
The profits are to be split between the brewery and the club, with the brewer taking a slightly higher share, but the brewery will also pay a fixed term rent to the club. As a result, the additional income generated by the club will be considerable, even before taking account of the use of the venue seven days per week for other purposes.

As suspected, the capital cost of the structure will be met jointly by the club, trust and the brewery.

Player
Manager
John King
Just got to hope the 'usual suspects' in the local community don't object now.....

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
It seems the beauty of the design is that it can be relocated easily should the club ever move to new facilities. If it is to be open during non-match days, is it likely to take business away from the other two pubs nearby - not sure how many the planned structure will be able to accommodate.

Nevertheless, the vision is excellent.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It seems the beauty of the design is that it can be relocated easily should the club ever move to new facilities. If it is to be open during non-match days, is it likely to take business away from the other two pubs nearby - not sure how many the planned structure will be able to accommodate.

Nevertheless, the vision is excellent.
I agree. The main obstacle seems to be the reaction of local residents and the two nearby pubs. It's important they get a normal licence as I can't see it working on being open on just matchdays - a maximum of 30 a year. I hope they can come to some arrangement whereby everyone is happy. Arguably, I would think that locals will still prefer to drink at their traditional watering holes. The new venue would appeal to football fans and beer buffs. It's possible that this novel facility would bring in visitors from outside the local area (like CAMRA members) and they may also want to try out the pubs. It's such a new idea, it's difficult to see exactly how it would work in practice - but it sounds great.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the usage on non matchdays would extend to weddings and functions, rather than the facility operating as a traditional pub. However, if we offer a better facility to drinkers than the neighbouring pubs, then so be it. It is a free market.

The Prenton Park pub in particular is owned and populated mostly by Liverpool supporters, so won't get a huge amount of sympathy from me. It has actually been pretty hostile to the presence of Tranmere supporters in the past, remarkably enough.

Player
aldo
And we know they will some will only be happy when the club has moved Grounds, also yes can see it holding weddings and other functions, as for the other pubs its a dog eat dog world out there, they only care for the matchday so we move on let us hope it all goes through as it will only benefit the Amazing support we have and our Amazing club that will keep pushing, also the Locals have to look at the bigger picture the club and trust will be providing jobs, and also with the work the club has done Helping with food parcels and all that stuff I would think some of the Locals will support the idea

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If they are relying on getting wedding bookings, remember that most big weddings happen on a Saturday. With a short close season and a fluid fixture list, that may not mean too many options.

Now, if they allowed us to play on a Friday night - problem solved. ;)