• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New defender?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I was glancing at the Daily Star today, abviously there wasn't much too read if you catch my drift :roll: however we did get a mention in the snapshots section of the sports pages. Something to do with us getting a defender, think on loan, not sure. Don't remember his name or from what club, and this is probably the most vague post ever, but if anyone has The Star, could you remind me who this guy is. I know it was from a non-league club..

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If you read the news page of this site Ian, it will give you a clue! he he

It's a young lad called Chris Slater. On trial for 2 weeks at the club. Plays for non-league Chasetown, played against Oldham in the FA Cup this season. He's a right back or centre back, and starred against Wrexham last night for the reserves in a 5-0 win =D> Apparently impressed all those present.

One to look out for in the next week, interesting to see if he does actually sign up, or as most trialists, comes and goes without much notice?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
haha, thats the fella, chrissy slater!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
Ian, I thought you ran this site? #-o
Haha, indeed. However I think it's fair to say some of the news stories are coming from other close sources..

That right Coops? :wink:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Would be good if we got him permanently! I remember him doing well in the FA Cup for Chasetown this season. May be a replacement for Goodison when he leaves at the end of the season?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel a couple of defenders will come in during the summerhopefully Simon Franis will come in and this Chris Salter will come in. Gareth is going in the summer and Ian Goodison is going for good so we need one or two more defenders

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We will certainly need someone who can play left back in the summer even if its just cover for Tremarco. Anyway going off topic so will get back on... Slater played well in the win over Wrexham and is playing again this week for Reserves. Think its either tonight or tomorrow?

B

Banana Army

Apparently played for the reserves, according to official site. Did well

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Usually Claire goes to the reserve games if I'm not mistaken. Maybe she can update us on his progress.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
in the liverpool senior cup (i think) reserves beat evert*n on pens after a 2-2 draw and Slater did play. These last 2 reserve games have been away so I guess Claire may not have seen them. From the report on the echo site sounds like a good game and always nice to beat the blue noses!=D>

Claire

Haven't been to the reserves for a while,might get togoagain when back at PP.
Claire

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Chris Slater has now gone back to Chasetown... Brian said he has done well but he thinks a couple of other targets he has in mind may be better options. Although he will continue to monitor his progress.