• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Nevitt

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They certainly see a lot in him.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm delighted for him. His goal record belies his contribution and the new contract will do his confidence (and hopefully his bank balance) the world of good. ;)

Our record in signing and bringing on lower league players has not been good and it's a long time since we managed to extend a player's contract in mid-season, so well done to the club.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This is very good news. It is a win-win situation for the club. If Nevitt does not improve further, we have a decent squad player on our hands. However, if / when he becomes prolific we will have a goalscorer being paid relative peanuts, and will be able to demand a transfer fee for his services if he is in demand.

It was vital we got him to sign before he starts scoring more regularly, because then it would be too late and he would refuse the contract.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm undecided on Nevitt as a forward. He's done a job for us in the battering ram role as lone striker, but hasn't shown yet that he can either create chances for himself or more importantly spot and attack balls into the danger area. My feeling is that he would work better as part of a front two, but are Rovers going to play like that...?

However, he's a decent squad player at this level, so no complaints about extending his deal.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'm undecided on Nevitt as a forward. He's done a job for us in the battering ram role as lone striker, but hasn't shown yet that he can either create chances for himself or more importantly spot and attack balls into the danger area. My feeling is that he would work better as part of a front two, but are Rovers going to play like that...?

However, he's a decent squad player at this level, so no complaints about extending his deal.
It is probable that he has scored goals in training in a different tactical set up. It is highly unlikely that we offered him an extended deal without some evidence that he can finish.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I think Mellon said a few weeks ago that there is still lots of improvements to be made with him but he has the right attitude and the club feel they can work with him and make him a better player over time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Plenty room for improvement which now he is contracted longer will give him the chance to show improvement

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see Elliott's goal against Scunthorpe has been nominated for L2 goal of the month and has got nearly half the votes so far. Suggest you vote for it using this link from the OS.

Amazingly, Kane Hemmings is also in line for January's goal of the month in his final game for Burton Albion on New Year's Day. Has it ever happened before that a player has been nominated for a goal scored at a previous club in a higher division? Why ever did they let him go? I've also voted for Kane on the SkyBetLeagueOne Twitter account. He's well behind in the voting, as I doubt he'll get much support from Burton fans. We'll need a few hundred from the SWA.

Last edited: