• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Neil Danns

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If McCollough were fit, available and we had the funds, why would we not sign him though? He’s proven that he can do a decent job for us, despite not being the best passer of a ball, so, if Danns is more of a box to box midfielder, then there is still a need for a defensive midfielder to break up play and protect the back four.

I don’t understand why we’ve seen so little of Gilmour this season. It sounds like Danns will be playing in a similar role, so if Micky’s not going to play Harvey might as well loan him out.
I agree with Boz that it seems likely we intended to sign McCullough, but the slow pace of his recovery, the Indonesian investment, or the availability of other players (or all three) have changed our plans in the short term.

With regard to Gilmour, I can only assume he is not progressing in training, as other young players like Bartlett-Taylor, Hepburn-Murphy and even Ponticelli have been given opportunities this season. In fairness, the centre of midfield is one area where we do have some genuine quality and experience, even more so now that Danns has signed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Comes with a similar reputation as Perkins. Hard working, consistent and has plenty of experience. Also fans havent got a bad word to say about him which is always a good sign. Another good signing I think.
Described as 'a cracker' by a Bury fan elsewhere and apparently was very good last season.

drwhoman

A shame about Gilmour but I suspect that MM is looking to experience to ensure our survival this season.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Don't know how to start a separate thread, but can anybody remind me who the Turkish forward we had a few years ago?