• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Most dissapointing player of year

Player
Goodison
Who do you think has been the biggest Dissapointment?

For me it would have to be either Davies or Ellison. Davies beacause he showed so much a promise last season but since then hasn't progressed and if anything he seems worse than before. He doesn't have a clue. ](*,)

Ellison has been a dissapointment as he looked like a quality player at Hull and might have given the team some balance with Shuker. But instead hes been awful, hes scored a few goals, but hes got hardly any assists, and leaves Sheriff or Tremarco completely exposed and doesn't look to be getting much better and I think he should leave in the summer.

What do you think?

jim

Taylor and Ellison are both b*llocks and Ward has been crap as well. I declare it a draw between Taylor and Ellison All 3 I've mentioned need to f*ck off at the end of the season.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'll stick up for Ward, for the simple reason that we sponsor his boots!!!

Disappointing players? We could be here all day really. They've all been disappointing at times, some more than others. Thats been our problem, inconsistency.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think if you look at the fact that we paid money for Ellison and he had a decent pre season too then I think my choice would have to be Ellison.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Bet the clearout doesn't happen as most of the players mentioned are on two or three year contracts. Only Ward's ends this year.

And remember that Steve Davies is a striker who's been played out of position. He's never had a proper chance to play in his best position under Ronnie.

I'd just like to see some of the youngsters given a chance in the last few games. The reserves have been doing incredibly well given the number of youngsters, so there must be some talent there.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think Davo has been ok this season as like you say he's out of position. He's a striker by trade and I'd like to see him given a chance up front.

Player
Morrisey
For me it has to be Ward. I think that Ellison has been o.k. He had some poor games and was rightly dropped but RM waited too long to bring him back I think he will do o.k next year.

I think that McReady's contract is up in the summer.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
a couple of months ago we were all singing davos praises as he was keeping ellison out. when he has played i think davo has done alright. ellison has been the biggest disappointment for me as he was the only one we payed a fee for if i remember correctly.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If reports and rumours are to be believed we paid up to ?100k for Ellison! Rub your eyes, it really does say 100 grand! Unbelieveable isn't it.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I heard it was 50k but still a lot for a 3rd tier club to pay for one player!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Player
Morrisey
I also heard that there were some figures involved when we were signing Stockdale. I know that it is somewhat unreliable but FM07 says that we paid for him too.