• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Monkey Hangars v Rovers

Match result

• Hartlepool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Monkey Hangars v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Victoria Park
Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
have a nice weekend free chaps i have a big party on NW eve but will be home early witch is good

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enjoy AM !

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
With the postponements, the backlog will become a log jam. Fixture dates will soon run out as omicron bites deep.
Does everyone think we will need ppg again?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
With the postponements, the backlog will become a log jam. Fixture dates will soon run out as omicron bites deep.
Does everyone think we will need ppg again?
I was scoffed at when I mentioned that possibility a few days ago. I’m not saying the season definitely will not finished, but if crowds are banned and enough players continue to test positive, games in the lower leagues won’t be played. If the season finishes early, PPG is almost certain to be used.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was scoffed at when I mentioned that possibility a few days ago. I’m not saying the season definitely will not finished, but if crowds are banned and enough players continue to test positive, games in the lower leagues won’t be played. If the season finishes early, PPG is almost certain to be used.
There are only three postponements in League Two today, so it is clear that things are settling down. We have already rearranged our two postponed games with no difficulty.

Player
Manager
John King
A mixed set of results today.

Sutton's late winner means they leapfrog us into third place, but we have a game in hand. FGR and Swindon also win, but the latter remain below us. Northampton's defeat to the Robins keeps them in touching distance, and Newport concede an equaliser at Walsall in the sixth minute of stoppage time.

Could have been worse.

Our next opponents, Keith Hill's Scunthorpe, lose their relegation six-pointer to Carlisle, so his magic is clearly rubbing off.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, not too bad at all. Just a shame we didn't have a few more losers in the top six.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sutton have surprised me doing so well, while the Swindon thumping win also unexpected, given they've gone off the boil recently. Agree it's up to us to win our games, do that and things will be fine.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sutton have surprised me too boz. Although you often see teams coming up with that positive momentum e.g Harrogate (and us of course!).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We are still the division's form team. I just hope we don't lose the magic after the two week layoff. Hopefully, everyone will be Covid-free by next Saturday, when we might have a couple of welcome additions to our squad.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We don’t know how many have been affected by covid and since when, so hard to evaluate how strong a squad we’ll have for the Scunthorpe game. See how badly Northampton did after their recent time off. While I’d hope that we hit the ground running on our return, it is by no means a given.

Player
Manager
John King
However, Northampton were playing one of the top sides in the division, while we are playing the team second from bottom at home. We should still be targeting a victory in the Scunthorpe game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
However, Northampton were playing one of the top sides in the division, while we are playing the team second from bottom at home. We should still be targeting a victory in the Scunthorpe game.
Swindon’s recent home form had been poor though, so the ease of their win was a surprise and the Northampton boss mentioned his team’s lack of games as a factor in the poor result.

I agree re the Scunthorpe game, although they were apparently a bit unlucky in the defeat by Carlisle and Keith Hill will be keen to get one over us.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
It was probably also an advantage for Swindon to have a game on the Wednesday to help with match fitness. Hopefully this won’t be an advantage to Scunthorpe who will only have had a week without a game as opposed to our 2 weeks. Scunthorpe we’re beaten so you’d expect us to get the three points, but you just never know.

Player
Manager
John King
Forest Green draw nil nil with Exeter, which is probably the best outcome for us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
FGR were awful too.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
As much as it pains me to say so, I think they can afford the odd “awful” performance. Eight points clear and by far the best goal difference highlights what a terrific season they have had up to now. Having said that, I’d shed no tears if they had a sudden capitulation and a thumping at Prenton Park in a few weeks time.