• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MK Dons v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'll be there on Monday hoping Rovers can win for the first time at Stadium MK. On paper, it's Ronnie's toughest match so far (apart from Sheff U). Dons have wobbled a bit at home recently, but are still well placed for the play-offs.

Hopefully, we have learnt from the Bury defeat and can build on the Stevenage game. My prediction is 1-1, although now we are virtually safe, I am wondering if/when Ronnie will take a look at the fringe players and the youngsters.

BTW, I must be one of the few SWA members who has seen Rovers win a penalty this season. We got one in injury time at Stevenage. Surely we are due another one?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We got a great result at a slightly out of form Sheffield United, but we were still desperate for points at the time. We will need to show the same hunger to take anything from the game tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see what the couple of changes are Ronnie has in mind. Will there be starts for Weir or Labadie, a place on the bench for McGurk ?

Player
Manager
John King
I have just read that Ian Muir is going to be attending in the away end tomorrow. Gutted I am not going now !

Player
steve coppell
I'd love to see Rovers win at the hated Franchise but I refuse to give MK any money...there is a campaign http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/dropthedons/ for them to drop the 'Dons' in their name as its one of the several things (including a league place) they stole from Wimbledon ... I would suggest MK Dons is a club established at the opposite end of what all of us who contribute on this site want for TRFC - in short the creation of MK Dons effectively opened the door for any business group to franchise a team
[ie, a broke TRFC could be shipped off to a different 'catchment' area] - I'd like a 2-1 win for TRFC today, as MK Dons have only achieved two points from a possible 12 and it could help dent their play-off position a little ...but realistically 1-1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can we get Muir on the pitch? 2-0 down at HT. Lifeline was the penalty which we fluffed. Tough second half to come. Crying out for a Robinson substitution at half time.

Player
Manager
John King
Well, I think it is safe to assume that the changes in formation and personnel did not work out. We do have to make sure that these away off-days do not become a habit, however.

Disappointing that, not for the first time, none of the senior players stepped forward to take the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.