• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

MJ: Sack or back?

Should MJ be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The impression given when Mike Jackson was appointed was that another candidate had been spoken to. Surprised to hear this clarification from Mark that Jacko was the only person interviewed.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mcgreal & Anthony Barry were interviewed, it came down to Jacko or Barry & we know the outcome.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mcgreal & Anthony Barry were interviewed, it came down to Jacko or Barry & we know the outcome.
That doesn't seem to tally with what Mark has said in the interview though?

Player
ian goodison
may be wrong but marks interview suggests only jacko was interviewed unless I missed something

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
They were 100% interviewed regardless of what he is saying.
Were you on the panel:)?

I don't know what the reality of the situation was, it probably doesn't make a great deal of difference in the grand scheme of things, but can't think of a reason why Mark would suggest only Mike Jackson was interviewed, if others were too.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Alan nixon confirmed we had talks with Anthony Barry, we had over 50 applications people cant think just went for jacko that it.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The discrepancy may be down to the definition of "interview" as opposed to "talks", initial chats, as well as who they were with. Probably semantics.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The discrepancy may be down to the definition of "interview" as opposed to "talks", initial chats, as well as who they were with. Probably semantics.
Indeed. I was told that we spoke to Tim Cahill as well.